Every watchtower, awake, etc printed kills 48,000 trees!

by EndofMysteries 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Most of the rain forrests are being cut down to make way for grazing land for the cattle that are raised to serve the Beef industry. Most paper is made from trees that were farmed/planted specifically for the production of paper. Lots of fast growing Cottonwood tree farms in my area of Washington State, but yeah....think of all the power,ink,water etc used to harvest the trees,produce the paper, print on it and transport it to the consumer and driven from door to door. The Bible hasn't changed but somehow they've managed to make it necessary to print information about it on a twice monthly basis for a hundred years.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

The trees used for paper were planted to be harvested to make paper.

just like the potatoes planted to make French fries.

there are more trees today than there were in 1920.

the rain forest is an entirely unrelated issue.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

@ That's why I said "theoretically"... We do not know the source of the trees used to make the paper to print the magazines... in all fairness.

That being said, the attitude that most JW's have towards the environment is one of "I don't care much about it, Jehovah will fix it later"...

It was one of the questions I had in my mind... We shouldn't destroy the environment, and here we are just driving around and wasting paper...

ILTTATT

• bats in the belfry
  • leavingwt
    leavingwt

Paper does not come from Rain forests.

Wasting paper does not equal destroying the environment.

You can think of wasting paper as equal to "stimulating the economy"

The more you "waste" the more trees that get planted by the paper companies.

The trees cut to print literature were planted for the express purpose of being harvested to make paper.

• PYRAMIDSCHEME
    PYRAMIDSCHEME

I used to work for a paper mill and we had our own tree farm. This is pretty much standard operating procedure for paper production. The only waste here is that the paper is being used for watchtowers instead of Jimi Hendrix posters.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

"Every watchtower, awake, etc printed kills 48,000 trees brains!"

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Every time a magazine is placed ...

... a kitten dies!

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan
    "Every watchtower, awake, etc printed kills 48,000 trees brains!"

This was so funny.

There are 2 ways to kill a zombie.

1) shoot them in the head

2) have them read the Watchtower

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

lmao alphaman!! good one!

Also, the math may be wrong, since the number given (48,000 trees) is for the CURRENT printing... 100 years ago they printed much less... so a more accurate number would include a "ramping" of the amount of paper...

But the point is, it's a waste of paper to write so many lies...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit