Every watchtower, awake, etc printed kills 48,000 trees!

by EndofMysteries 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

With the Watchtower having a 25million monthly print, here is the breakdown.

1 tree will make 8,333 sheets of paper.

Each Watchtower, atleast the last I had, had around 16 sheets. 8,333/16= 520 WT's per tree.

25,000,000 prints / 520 = 48,076 trees PER MONTH. NOT INCLUDING awakes, study edition, and other books.

It's sick to think that the WT doesn't want anybody to read anything printed more than 5/10 years ago because it's not longer truth to them. So over 100 years of killing MILLIONS of trees for worthless junk.

I wonder what chunk of the rainforest is due to the WT. Anybody want to do the math on that? lol.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

They are helping in the natural order of thinning the forests to encourage new growth...I thought EVERYONE knew that!

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Wow... that is an amazing stat!! Thanks for sharing!!

• hoser
    hoser

Apparantly, they get their paper from Catalyst Paper in Powell River, British Columbia.

They are the paper mill's biggest customer

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Considering 95% of all WBT$ magazines..

End up in storage at a JW homes around the world

Of 48,076 tress cut down.. 45672.75 trees cut down are wasted..

Just for the Watchtower Magazine alone,each month..

Only an InSane Person would want the WBT$..

In Charge of the Entire Planet..

.......................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

http://tabathashelman.blogspot.ca/2011/12/how-many-trees-are-there-in-amazon.html

It says that there are around 400 trees per acre. Let's assume that this number is correct.

48,000 trees per month = 120 acres per month = 1440 acres per year = 187,200 acres since they started printing. But since this is just for the Watchtower, we have to account also for the Awake... and also for the fact that they were 32 pages at one point. Let's assume 4 times as much, therefore, to account for most WT literature. This would make 748,800 acres.

How much is 748,800 acres? Around 3030 square km... so an area the size of Detroit or Washington of rainforest has theoretically been destroyed because of WT literature.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

That would be about 1/2000 portion of the Amazon rainforest or 0.5% of it.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan
    25,000,000 prints / 520 = 48,076 trees PER MONTH. NOT INCLUDING awakes, study edition, and other books.

Combine this with all the gallons of vehicle fuel that JW's have burned to spread their ever changing cult propaganda, and the Watchtower could very well be the most damaging religion to the environment per capita.

• clarity
    clarity

Wow now I really feel extra disgusted with that society!

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

@anonymous: I am thinking that 0.5% is huge for a single entity. If you think about it, a company that has 0.5% of the world's money would have 359 billion dollars.

This is a religion of 7 million people now, only 0.1% of the world's population, and yet they have consumed 0.5% of the world's rainforests (theoretically)...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit