USA | Man Allegedly Fires Gun at a Group of Jehovah's Witnesses

by jwleaks 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Glander
    Glander

So did he take the magazines or not? The article doesn't say.

Maybe he had taken the mags on a previous call and read them.

...would you rather be shot at and missed or shit at and hit"

• JeffT
    JeffT
    I have asked three times to be added to the do not call list, plus I called and left a message at the hall, they still come. Of course, there is no excuse for shooting a gun over it, but I can relate to his frustration. I work from home and it is very annoying to be interrupted, often I am covered in paint and don't look presentable, but if I ignore them they just keep coming back.

Ultimately, you are dealing with a bunch of amateur volunteers, some children, with a very haphazard system of recording info ... scribbled not on a piece of paper that probably get's lost or discarded by someone along the chain.

Although they can seem annoying they don't usually call that often and i's not really onerous to answer the door now and again.

But yeah, you can't not-answer because you don't know who it is ... I wouldn't want to miss out on the opportunity for Girl Scout cookies !!

I agree with Simon, you don't want to miss the cookies. I can think of two methods that might get there attention

1) glue your letter to a piece of plywood, go to the hall on Saturday night and screw the plywood to the front door. Use about eight screws so they have to spend some time getting it off.

2) That may raise legal issues (although it wold be fun) so hire a process server (cost starts at about $35 here) and tell him the best time to catch somebody is about half way through the Sunday meeting.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

They need to add one more symbol on the House-To-House Record...

AM - Armed Man

• cofty
    cofty

Shudder!

I haven't seen one of those forms for almost 2 decades.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

I noticed a lot of witnesses commented on the actual news article that I pulled up. I made a comment about always check facts and how we can use the Internet to do that and then make logical choices about religion and see which one really has "the truth". I definitely think we should make clear, calm, thinking comments on these news posts, as it is evident more and more witnesses feel the need to refute their faith, at least on the news articles I've been reading. It at least gets nonJw's that don't know about them, to realize issues they have and possibly question them the next time they come to the door.

• jam
    jam

Folks this man will be in a assembly a few years down the road, sharing

his experience.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Centerton police arrested a man accused of firing close to 19 rounds at a group of Jehovah’s Witnesses on Saturday...

So? Americans are always shooting in public.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

He needed a NO Tresspasing sign. That way if some dubs get hurt the WTBTS is not liable. The WTBTS is the real victim here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit