USA | Man Allegedly Fires Gun at a Group of Jehovah's Witnesses

by jwleaks 37 Replies latest jw friends

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

USA, ARKANSAS | Man Fires Gun At A Group Of Jehovah's Witnesses

Centerton police arrested a man accused of firing close to 19 rounds at a group of Jehovah’s Witnesses on Saturday (Sept. 28 th ). John Baldwin, 35, bonded out on $50,000 Sunday morning.

According to a probable cause affidavit, three Jehovah’s Witnesses approached Baldwin in his front yard at Rainbow Farm Road and Baldwin told them, “get your (explicit) off my property, I moved out here to get away from people like you.”

The report states the Jehovah’s Witnesses apologized and as they were getting in their car one of them heard “Get me my 9.”

Baldwin admitted to firing a gun at three Jehovah’s Witnesses when they drove away from his house, according to the report.

Baldwin was booked into Benton County Jail on felony charges of aggravated assault.

Several of Baldwin’s neighbors said he moved to the neighborhood less than a month ago.

Kristi Tidwell who lives nearby said she was home when police arrived at her neighbor’s home.

“My husband and I were working around the house, we had the blinds open in the back we saw probably seven or eight cop cars pulling in there,” Tidwell said. “It seems like there is no reason to do anything like that if they left peaceably why not leave them alone.”

Officers recovered 13 shell casings from the sidewalk in front of Baldwin’s house and a Springfield XDM-9.

5NEWS spoke to some members of the Kingdom Hall Jehovah’s Witnesses Church in Bentonville who visit Baldwin’s neighborhood. They declined to go on camera and said they didn’t want to make the situation worse. They said they have a no contact list for residents who don’t want to be visited.

http://5newsonline.com/2013/09/29/centerton-man-fires-shots-at-jehovahs-witnesses/

http://m.fox16.com/display/574/story/cac8643f3f62745fd3eba5c4858a6035

• Violia
    Violia

well, I guess he will definitely get on their DO NOT RETURN LIST . Glad no one got hurt.

• whathappened
    whathappened

I worry about my still in family getting bitten by dogs and shot at. Wish I could get them out of this cult. The world does hate them, not because they are Jesus' disciples, but because of the constant Saturday morning doorbell ringing.

This man does need some anger management therapy.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Glad no one was hurt. Iam unsure if this guy as a previous JW or not. For a good reason, some people want to be left alone.

Scott77

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

What an idiot. Hope they lock him up.

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

I tell you, these new bibles are NOT going to go over well.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I bet every one of next year's convention will feature a JW who's been shot at.

And their will be Watchtower articles:

"Andre, a faithful servant of Jehovah, continues to preach regularly even after being shot at."

• Poztate
    Poztate

I sure wouldn't want to be the elders a year from now who knock on his door to see if he still wants to be on the do not call list

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That's a risk they take. Granted, shooting at them while they are retreating is extreme. But, how many times has that householder warned them not to return? Yet, the witlesses keep going back anyways, hoping to be featured at a Grand Boasting Session for having gotten a householder that explicitly did not want to study to become baptized "and they are getting baptized this Saturday". To me, that is just asking for it--guns, pepper spray, getting hit by a car, a dog biting them, the cops called on them. And especially when there is a No Trespassing sign prominently posted and you are in a state where shooting a trespasser with a No Trespassing sign in plain view is legal.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

wow... no one should be this extreme. It's again, so sad to see that they are all suffering needlessly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit