Another Sad Story

by kheli 13 Replies latest jw friends

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

So much sadness around today. And, the WT just compounds it. My deepest sympathies and heartfelt condolences, Kheli.

Feel free to vent all you need to here. We have big shoulders.

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

Witnesses don't GET grieving. I am not sure if the Society will agree to give your friend a proper funeral or not. If they do, it won't be a proper funeral coz they will blab on about JWs hopes and rewards and if they don't do that then it's a rebuke from them because your friend wouldn't listen to them. Either way it's horrible.

It's not easy for you either because you've been un-naturally excluded from the grieving process. A ritual that's been developed over hundreds of thousands of years because it brings us comfort.

I think you will have to content yourself with knowing that you were a good friend when it counted. When she was alive and knew what was going on. Whatever idiocy the Org comes up - you are best out of it. Maybe you should set some time aside and hold your own private memorial for your dear old friend. Go to a beautiful park or the top of a building or even a lovely old church and meditate on all the good times you had together. I'm sure she'd like that idea.

all the best
    Marilyn

• kheli
    kheli

Thanks for your loving comments everyone.

I will probably have my own little private thing to memorialize her.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Sorry about your friend, that was sad to hear. Same thing happened to one of my best friends growing up in JW. She got pregnant and married the worldly man , got a divorce , she had custody of the baby. She went to get the money for child support and the man shot her, he said it was self defense . He was 6'1 , police officer and she was 5'2 tiny, but she took his gun and shot herself. Very unlikely story and an investigation was started, nothing came out of it, but the JW's showed no sympathy for her or her family. If only she would have done right , she would not be dead. Bullcrap.
    Mourn your friend in anyway you need too. Dont put it off, I agree flowers or a card would be nice, even if you think the family wont care, they just might. Anyway , it is for her memory more than anything, but just letting them know you care will say alot .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit