Have your prescription meds skyrocketed in price?

by compound complex 28 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Mine have, and they're generic.

Greetings, Friends.

A couple days ago I went to pick up my meds at K-Mart (California, USA). I had $5.00, the discounted price, in hand. The assistant rang me up for $27 and change. I asked why and was told 'we have no control over what they send and its price.' I replied, 'sorry, I'll have to look elsewhere.' I went to a mom-and-pop pharmacy and they said we can match K-Mart's price but not beat it. I then received an explanation as to how they are losing Medicare customers [Part D] because their little business can no longer afford to sell below cost, which the chains appear capable of doing, though also at a loss.

Something to do with Obamacare's establishment in the very near future . . .

Oh well, in a few days I'll need a refill for another prescription, which is normally seventeen dollars. I'm dreading the new cost. Some meds, I learned, have gone up 1000 per cent per refill.

OUCH!!!

CoCo never needed drugs before.

• jgnat
    jgnat

We have drug shortages here in Canada. To add insult to injury, the reporting website sucks slugs.

http://www.drugshortages.ca/drugshortages.asp

• Glander
    Glander

No. Just re-filled a couple of prescriptions, BP and allergies, ( 90 days with 3 refills) and no change in price from last year. Will soon be getting my free flu shot by my 'doctor' at Safeway while I am waiting for the butcher to cut me a couple of thick filets.

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

No problems here either. 90 day 'scrip for 10 bucks.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Sorry about that, jgnat! And here we're told -- erroneously? -- to order meds online from Canada!

Glad you're OK, Glander and Captain.

THANKS!

CC

• jam
    jam

No increase here, the same. Between 5-7 bucks per 30 days.

Compound are you a Vet???

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

So far so good in Florida. But will see what October brings with it.

• compound complex
    compound complex

No, jam. I was a 4-D pioneer!

Perhaps what I describe is a regional thing -- so far. I was told that the pharm. cos. are jacking up the prices now before they get the low-down at the start of the new year.

CC

So far so good in Florida. But will see what October brings with it.

Thanks, gma!

• zeb
    zeb

Thanks be for the NPS here in Australia. My meds are $17 no matter what they are per prescription. Pensioners get them for about $3--$4 a time.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hey, zeb . . .

I almost moved to the Gold Coast; instead, I settled for the Gold Country!

Gratefully,

CC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit