Annual Meeting Question

by grumblecakes 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

Good morning everybody!!

Ok ive heard only "activeJWs in good standing" can attend, what if youre irreguar? How are they enforcing this? Tickets?

I ask cause a "sister" (elders wife) texted to check up on me and make sure i was going and let me know shewould save me a seat...i dont want to drive all the way out to the assembly hall to be humiliated at the door (awkward).

So, whats in store for me as i attempt to attend this thing?

Thx!

Gumblecakes

• tornapart
    tornapart

As I understand it (my hubby is an attendant at this thing) it is by invite only. Tickets and assigned seats, in our area at least. If she goes without an invite she will not be allowed in. If she has an invite she can't invite someone else herself and save them a seat.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

You sure can feel the warmth and love with JW's. So you're only allowed to go if you're at least a cat publisher, ie, I've down mehouurr (meooww) for the month.

Photo below: Elder and his wife wondering if you are worthy of attending the AGM.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Don't miss your chance to get a free new Bible and, most importantly, don't forget to make your suggested $20 donation. These holy funds are needed for Jehovah's work of settling all the multi-million $$ out of court settlements for the ongoing avalance of child abuse claims while also building the FDS's new luxury upstate New York accommodationand retirement complex.

• paladin
    paladin

LOL. That new Awake looks spot on and shoild be released in all languages.

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

Yada yada-what the hell is a "cat publisher"?

Sooo probably she just doesnt know i dont have a ticket? (Im irregular but not inactive. Havent been toa meeting 3 months)

Can anyone else comment on how this is being handled in your area?

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

invite only for us. Only well established spiritually mature ones invited.. (UK)

Some of my relatives and quite a few from our cong were there this afternoon, a few are attending as attendants tomorrow too so the meeting attendance locally will be very low.

(good oh, it means I can sneak a few more 'we used to believe' comments in at the WT!)

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Here in the UK. I have heard of an elder's wife, inactive for 6 years with an invite. A couple baptised in th 1040s still active... no invite. All invitations have been ratified through London Bethel.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Hi Grumblecakes. I'm not quite sure about a Cat Publisher, but, I'm pretty sure that they outrank the Mouse publishers. Of course the cheese publisher stands alone.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

just wondering...isn't it interesting that they hold an agm at the time of year when jesus was born....?...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit