Is Life Good For You At This Time?

by minimus 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

In 1994 when I saw the light so to speak, I remember driving to work and seeing some witnesses I knew quite well and feeling I wanted to get out of the car and tell them they aren't separating sheep from goats it hasn't happened yet. I felt relieved but knew they wouldn't c it how I did and so I drove on.

I based my life decisions on the end coming before I ever got to the age I am now and it's not easy to alter it. I almost had a breakdown shortly after leaving the witnesses but i'm stronger now but at a cost I think.

Is Life Good For You At This Time? No. It's just life.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I have been out for more than 25yrs. I will be 52 next week. We just celebrated my 20th wedding anniversary. My children are grown and I see them and my grandchildren almost daily.
    I have a group of friends that I call my FOC (family of choice) These are all people that I met here on this board when I first came and our friendship has continued to grow. We have stayed in touch on a daiy basis online over the years. Some of us have had the chance to meet in real life.

This board is the first place I found when we got our first computer. Before that all my research was at the library. I felt free, like a weight had been lifted. I met Simon and his wife and their boys in Florida at an apostafest. I have been to many apostafests over the years and have always had an amazing time.

It still took a few years to sort everything out in my head.

I am the happiest I have ever been in my life. Sometimes it scares me that I'll wake up and it won't be real.

My parents and sibilings continue to shun me. I used to call in the first few years every 6 months or so. There has been no contact of any kind in the last 10+ yrs. It is what it is. I will continue to warn people of the dangers of the Watchtower. If I save one family than I have prevented some unnecessary heartache.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I love Duck Tales!

• minimus
    minimus

It just takes time. Eventually, you see things in perspective and freedom is what becomes cherished.

• fresh prince of ohio
    fresh prince of ohio

haven't been so good since breaking up with my girlfriend back in august (waves to lisa)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit