Is Life Good For You At This Time?

by minimus 14 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Since you are learning or have learned the truth about the Truth, how are you handling things? Are you happy, depressed, confused?

• minimus
    minimus

I think it's easy to be confused about what you should expect of yourself. A new world is now opened to you. If you're more of a "sheeple" type of person, it can be a big transistion. It can be scary and yet liberating. Life is an interesting journey.

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Good topic Minimus, I can honestly say after a year of fading and some therapy my husband and I are very happy. We both still have periods when it hits us and we recall different things but it isn't even an everyday topic like it was in the beginning. My family were never JW's and they are so happy we are out so we have received excellent support. His family is a small family with just his mom and two nieces and his Mom is not happy but she still talks to him but she will never bring up religion because my husband told her if she does then he has the right to tell her how he feels but, she will never tell him she loves him when they hang up the phone now which hurts my husband.

i really think the key is to read what you can on the subject, therapy and we also have read some good self help books because it helps to replace all of the negative talk you hear while you are in. You have to retrain your mind with healthy thinking because what we were taught was not healthy at all.

We have done a lot of traveling in the last 13 months which has been healthy for us. I joined a bowling team to meet some women and my husband joined a meet up group where they play guitars and he has met some nice professional guys. I still get a little lonely but I always have my husband and family. I have posted this before but my husband of 33 years came out with me So I feel so fortunate.

I am one of the fortunate ones that hasn't dealt with the shunning from family members although I have lost my "friends" which does hurt at times but they were never really my true friends. I have also reconnected with old friends from my previous life before the JW's.

So, all in all life is very good!

• minimus
    minimus

Yes, integrating yourself in normal worldly activities is a good thing. And getting outside help thru books or therapy is usually a great idea!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Life is great today! I refused to go in field-serve-us, and I learned that a re-mastered version of DuckTales is available for download on the Playstation Network! Everyone sing along!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6d1A2row6I

• Goodstein
    Goodstein

I'm happier now than I ever have been since I was a child, because I have my intellectual integrity back and my conscience isn't constantly bothering me for promoting stuff I know is false. I still get nagged by my JW family to do JW stuff, and they just don't seem to be able to take a hint, but that's merely annoying. (For now.) Also, I look forward to the weekend for the first time in my life, hehe.

The transition between "JWs are right about most things" to "JWs are wrong about many things and are in fact worse than many other denominations" was stressful, but prayer, meditation and research got me through it. I only told one of my non-JW friends about what I was going through, but that helped a lot.

I feel really bad for people who have a sudden realization and confront the elders, and must instantly choose between integrity and their whole social world, with no time to develop non-JW friends... at least they don't have to put up with as much nagging, but it must be a small, if any, consolation.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hello Min

Before I got involved in this cult. I was use to makin' my own decisions

and whatever those decisions were, good or bad, I didn't mind bein' held accountable for my own choices

Afterwards, any personal decision made for my family was always questioned or not approved of by the WTS

From the type of car you drove in field service, right down to which cereal to buy. And that cereal better not

be " Magically Delicious "

I wasn't use to folks who didn't pay my bills, or put gas in my car, or clothes on my back

and food on my table tellin' me what to do

Especially from a group who caused folks to go through mess and die needlessly

after that same group changed thier stance on when the end would come and blood fractions

The list of changes goes on and on

Then hold folks accountable for thier own plight and deaths by sayin folks "misunderstood" or " it's a conscience choice"

When its the WTS that should be held accountable for bein' the ones who led these folks wrong

Vent over

Yes , life for me is back to normal. As they say. You don't appreciate good 'til it's gone

They can have thier hamster wheel. I have no need for it anymore

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Good food, good sex, good wine - what more could I ask for.

If you read my profile I quote a line from a John Lennon song "every day in every way is getting better and better."

Remember that the best revenge is living a successful and happy life.

• clarity
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd

Still a bit hurt really. Confused. I would have to say not a happy camper.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit