My Husband Died One Year Ago Today

by Dutchie 39 Replies latest jw friends

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Dutchie,

I'm truly sorry for your loss. Your late husband sounds like a fine man, one who loved you and respected your individuality. I'm glad you have such wonderful memories of your time with him. ((((Hugs))).

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I am sorry for your loss dutchie and wish to give you a hug , anniversaries of a dead loved one are painful. I first read this post last nite, I even responded, but I erased it all. My husband left for work out of state today , and will be gone for only 3 days.
    We have been married for 17 yrs, and have 3 children. Well, I will just say, you made me appreciate my husband more . It makes me want to charish each day even more. I hope you know that your story touched alot of hearts, and what a fine way to memoralize your dear husband that to keep his memory alive.

• Scully
    Scully

Thanks for sharing this with us Dutchie.

Where ever your husband is now, I'm sure he's so proud of you, your children and all of your accomplishments. He may have left this earth believing that he was going to merely sleep in death, but if it gives you and your children comfort to think otherwise, then do it.

Love & Hugs, Scully

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Interesting point skully. My mom died 15 yrs ago and she beleived as jw although she was d/f . She commmited suicide , but in my heart I always knew that she would be resurrected. I have only stopped beleiving the JW teaching for about 9 months now, and the thought that she could be in heaven , brings me alot of comfort. I just wished i would have at least entertained the thought back then. I dont know what I personally beleive about life after death, but I have to beleive that either way, heaven or earth ,Jesus said he would give us eternal life and happiness. I wish that happiness for you dutchie , and I have to beleive that somewhere down the road we will reunite with our dead loved ones. I dont mind waiting , if I have to.
    But again interesting to think they may have already received their
    prize. Peace to you all.

• RationalWitness
    RationalWitness

{{{{Dutchie}}}},

Rejoicing with you in the lovely memories you cherish
    Weeping with you in the grief you bear

Best wishes to you and your children,
    RW

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

(((((((dutchie and family)))))))

• Gopher
    Gopher

Sincerest sympathy, and thanks Dutchie for sharing part of yourself with us! Your love is truly inspiring. (I'm German, and apologize for my lateness in coming to this thread...)

-J.R.

This post was not evaluated by any mental health professionals.
    Any opinions expressed are those of a fuzzy, cuddly rodent.

• anewperson
    anewperson

Sorry to hear this. Sounds like he was a nice man.

• outnfree
    outnfree

(((((Dutchie)))))

Sincere sympathy for your loss.
    I am glad this forum has fortified you and hope that the many expressions of kindness here will help as you courageously press on.
    What a wonderful love story you've written!

outnfree

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts -- John Wooden

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

((((((((Dutchie)))))))))))))))

I'm very sorry for your loss.

Free

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit