If the rumor is true, and there is a new bible will it be distributed at the AGM?

by hoser 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hoser
    hoser

total speculation of course, but if they are good marketers every attendee will leave the event with a shiny new new world translation

• blondie
    blondie

Announced at the most, never distributed. Remember the days when books would be announced at the DC but could not be ordered until fall? I would think they would want people to donate in their own congregations...no what a dumb idea.

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

There may be a new 'version' of the NWT announced. This isn't new - it's happened a couple of times since the 1950's.

I feel this new 'everyone is invited' annual meeting is meant to give the impression that the Org. is transparent with it's activities.

Two major topics that I'm expecting:

1. Get ready for intense persecution from governments (negative court rulings) and apostates (who make up lies and are trying to deceive).

2. The world wide work is greater than it ever has been in the history of the Org. "We need assistance" with donations and skilled labor.

ginger

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Here's the official announcement...

• Gayle
    Gayle

They may do an annoucement, but state as funds/donations come in, 'then' this 'new' 'new' world translation 'may' be out 'soon.'

Really their distraction of moving expenses, packing up, construction work upstate has probably got them into a 'frenzy.'

• label licker
    label licker

Hey Gingerbread, you must have read this Dec watchtower. The whole article is on making sacrifices and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$blah, blah,blah!

Has society ever done that? Make a whole article on donateing your everything?

• label licker
    label licker

I mean have they ever made a watchtower study on sunday all about donateing

• illoowy
    illoowy

The secrecy revolving these new Bibles is unreal.

The DO's and CO's and Special Aux's that were given one had to turn them in before this event.

If these were to be given out at locations other than the Stanley Theater the rumors would have been confirmed since they'd have been shipped and stored locally.

I think it likely that they may do a limited release only for the Stanley Theater audience and then announce that congregations may begin ordering at a future date.

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

label licker -

I've been paying 'more than the usual attention' to the articles and talks (especially at conventions and assemblies) in the past couple of years.

The WT writers are SO obvious. They don't HIDE anything! I can't believe I was so oblivious to this frankness.

EXCEPT for the financial position of the WT corporations and any news that is negative about the religion...

ginger

• minimus
    minimus

If there is a new Bible, I hope it's green again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit