25 million YouTube views: "Why I Hate Religion, But Love Jesus"

by Fernando 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Fernando
    Fernando

The popularity of the video has led to a book being written and published: "Jesus > Religion"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY

• designs
    designs

So what do you love about Jesus returning and sending the vast majority of humans to Hell, Matt.25:41+.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hey designs!

Personally I have come to conclude that the wicked/evil/goats represent a very small minority whose ignorance is militant and whose self-righteousness is malignant.

It has been my experience that a particularly high concentration of such persons is found predominantly in the supremacist and divisive "ruling religious clergy class" who insist on installing human mediators, hierarchies and organisations between God and man. In scripture these persons are referred to as (spiritual) harlots and antichrists.

• designs
    designs

But that is not what those passages say, Jesus is saying the road to Hell is broad and the majority on are it according to the Gospels.

I understand people's need to soften those passages and rationalize them, they are terrible, but that is what is being laid at Jesus feet.

• Fernando
    Fernando

It seems to me that Matt 7:13-14 could be taken within the context of Jesus' words of encouragement to ordinary and downtrodden folk and indeed to the person who died next to him.

Sure at this time only a handful embrace the unabridged gospel/bissar/injeel. Personally I believe provision has been made for all but the evil/wicked as above to be granted salvation in terms of John 3:16,17; 8:15; 10:10; 12:47.

It seems Jesus generally directed dire warnings of the second death toward the persons mentioned in the post above (those in Matt 23 esp v15).

• designs
    designs

Don't you find all of it disturbing- Celestial Beings threatening humanity.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Disturbing indeed, yet their fingerprints in society suggest they have long gone past threats.

In the end though I believe good will triumph over evil, and I believe we took a great step forward in 1517.

I feel as if we as a human society are on the cusp of another seismic shift in the right direction, although on some fronts we are on a knife edge.

• Laika
    Laika

Hmmm... Christianity is not a religion?

Alternative viewpoint: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbsadOQK_6A

• Perry
    Perry

All people die. Sin separates them from the Source of Life. Jesus built a bridge back to the Source of Life. God causes Life. Sin causes death.

• garyneal
    garyneal
    Hmmm... Christianity is not a religion?

That was the main issue I had with his video. It is good for those who want some banner to proclaim, "I'm not religious, I just love the Lord," but they would know little to nothing about Him without religion.

Alternative viewpoint: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbsadOQK_6A

Can't say I am impressed with him either. Republican trying to defend his viewpoint and his way in a cheesy fake kind of white trash free styling, but to each his own.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit