Life advice to pass on ...

by free2beme 10 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

I was thinking. If I died today, what advice would I want my children to know after I am gone. Ever think about that, if so, then add on...

1. Know in life that people will always tell you their side of the story, and when they do they will always be the hero and everyone else the villian. So take time to learn all sides, before you form a solid opinion.

2. If you are to extreme with anything, it will lead to failure in the end. Make a reasonable pace, and try and surround yourself with people who are the same way.

3. If the crowd is running in a certian direction, let them pass and see if that direction is worse then what is supposedly chasing them.

4. Family is a blessing and pain in the ass, but will most likely be in your life longer then any friend you know. So do your best to try and just accept them, and know when to laugh and when to stay away.

5. What you think you know now, is most likely wrong, but you will have to fail more and loss more to accept that.

6. Don't sleep with a lot of people without feeling love or at least a good emotional connection to them. As when you decide people are toys, you will see yourself as being a toy too and may outgrow yourself and others and loss your humanity.

7. Religion of all shapes and sizes has value if taken in moderation, but they are all full of crap ... but the company might be nice and values in friends is never a bad thing.

8. If you get married, do not marry a woman who thinks she has to control you and thinks that is funny. Do not marry a woman who is moody. Do not marry a woman who thinks you are her father figure. Now for daughters, do not any man-boys, and let the douch bags stay at the bars and not the alter with a ring. As all of these people will never be a lasting relationship and should be allowed to sleep with one another in to their 40's in bar hook ups and then realize one day ... they're a joke.

9. Never be afraid to ask for help, it does not hurt to set down and tell someone you're human.

10. Randomly say something nice to people daily. Tell them they're appreciated. Tell them you believe in them. Tell them they did something that inspired you. Never be worried that it will be taken wrong, just say things to make people feel good and know they will appreciate it. Just let people know you care today, while you are alive to do so.

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

Very good stuff. One I might add is that love never dies.

• perfect1
    perfect1

When other people try discourage you and tell you its impossible, ignore them and do what you want.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Hmmm, not bad except I would never say 6 & 8 the way you have LOL.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I would promote the absorption of all opinions and all evidence and never to take anyone's word alone when making a deisicion, better to explore all the evidence and seek the truth of things for yourself, you never know another person's motive you only know your own.

The most important ability to teach your children is HOW TO LEARN and therefore interpret the world around them. Teach hem how to critically appraise all the information they get in their life so they can mae the best and most informed desicions.

Once this is done, just keep pouring the love on, there is never TOO much love for a child, but not enough love is unrepairable.

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

I read this and thought how nice, cool, I like this, and was about to move on. But in the interest of item 10, freetobeyou, this is the most inspiring thing I have read all day, perhaps in a week. Thank you for sharing this.

• Mahtaw
    Mahtaw

Most women are moody. And so are a lot of men.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Learn to trust yourself. If something feels very wrong it probably is wrong. We can all have original thoughts, don't necessarily believe 'experts'. Read constantly, study everything you can but most importantly think, analyse and ask yourself how do they know that? Know that your brain is as good as any expert in any field, you just don't know as much as they do. But if you read just about anything slowly and carefully you can understand most of it.

• bigmac
    bigmac

you cant please everyone----so best just to please yourself

• cantleave
    cantleave

Be yourself and don't let others tell you who should be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit