How Do I Explain To My TalkTherapist That JW's Believe They Will Never Die?

by LoisLane looking for Superman 32 Replies latest jw friends

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

I know for us exJW's that have awakened from this religion, it seems incredulous that we EVER

could have believed we were going to LIVE FOREVER and NEVER DIE.

Not just never die, but NEVER DIE, like I was raised to believe with

The Millions NOW Living Will Never Die, garbage.

I said that to my highly educated Professional Therapist last week.

Her eyes got big, and she said gently as to a child, " LoisLane , we are all going to die".

Yes, I know that NOW, but that is not what my religion taught and I believed, for 60 years.

Any thoughts on how I explain this lunacy to her?

LoisLane that never tells anyone I used to be a JW, except my Therapist . lol

• laverite
    laverite

It sounds like you did a fab job of explaining it to her already.

• Scully
    Scully

Well, it *is* what we were taught. And not believing that wasn't an option. If we disbelieved, it was a 'lack of faith' - or worse: apostacy.

I used to compare the awakening to the reality of the JW world view as false as similar to the way a child comes to the realization that Santa Claus isn't real. In fact I listened to a podcast about secular parenting recently that made a similar comparison, only went a little further in saying that the way a child comes to realize that Santa isn't real is actually a kind of trial run for believers in god who come to a similar conclusion later in life.

The Thinking Atheist Podcast: Secular Parenting with Dale McGowan

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

I remember telling my therapist I had mentally left JWs. She was so glad. Then she said with worry in her voice, "They are a cult! You should be VERY careful how you exit." She is familiar with Scientology and was concerned for my phisical safety. I assured her that they didn't care enough about me bother. LOL Chances are the word cult will help her to catagorize the idiotic ideas we were indoctrinated with. Explain the BITE system if she doesn't already know. Hopefully, that should do it.

She has a Bible in her office, on her library shelf.

Does anyone remember what scripture WT twisted to make it fit this belief?

I am now so astonished that I would ever have believed this.

How can this Organization grow?

How can you even preach such NONSENSE to well balanced, thinking adults in your territory,

that they will never need the use of an undertaker or a burial plot?

It is such a huge religious CON.

It is total idiocy.

After being in for 60 years, I read Raymond Franz's book

Crisis of Conscience and no more nonsense beliefs for me.

LoisLane

• Scully
    Scully

Rev. I don't remember the chapter and verse. The one that says death will be no more neither mourning nor outcry nor pain; the former things have passed away.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Psalm 37:10,11,29. The meek will inherit the earth and live forever upon it.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Revelation 21:3,4 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ [a] or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

The bad thing is not so much that God planned to eliminate death, but that it was going to happen any day now and there was no need to plan for a future in this world and that if you didn't follow their direction, everyone you know will turn against you and he will kill you and in many of our cases, we'd break our Mother's heart if we ever left the organization or expressed any doubt.

I remember these scriptures, but now that I am awake, I see no correlation

between those cherry picked scriptures, and the reality, that mankind, human beings regularly, die...

Whether they are JW's or not.

Whether Rutherford, Knorr, Franz or this year's Governing Body said this, this magical thinking does not make sense.

How foolish I now feel, for believing "make-believe" false promises.

Bernie Madoff's clients believed he could make an excellent return on their money, for them.

The reality was he and his family lived like kings, profiting off the backs of the little people.

Sound familiar?

When something sounds too good to be true... It usually is.

Maybe I will spare my Therapist and I both, the agony of this stupid subject, and move on to something else.

Thank you for your help.

LoisLane

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Maybe I will spare my Therapist and I both, the agony of this stupid subject, and move on to something else......LL

Don`t do it..It`s part of who you are..

You have an opportunity to discuss it with someone who can help..

Don`t Mess that Up..

.......................... photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit