Farting at the meetings

by RR 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Of course I farted at meetings. It's probably the only real enjoyment I had in those 20 years.

W

• mythreesons
    mythreesons

One time we were having book study at the house and I was the conductor. My 3 years old just let one rip during the meeting! Everybody just kind of snickered and snorted...then I looked up and saw my mother-in-law sitting next to him and it just hit me....I said "excuse you....(mother-in-laws name)" needless to say everyone just bust out laughing and it took us about ten minutes to even start the study back up!

It was great!

• Piercingtheveil81
    Piercingtheveil81

During a boring lecture unit in the pioneer school all of a sudden from the far left someone let it rip big time. They weren't discreet about it. I wanted to laugh so bad especially because everyone seemed to ignore it and act like nothing had happened.

That weekend one of the students invited everyone to her house for a barbecue and while sitting at a table the culprit was discovered. He let one off at the table and then one guy tells him "your the one that freakin' farted in the school". His laughter proved his guilt.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Laughing at farts was one of the best things about meetings...it's so naughty to fart in public. It's Satan that makes us fart at the meetings, thereby polluting the spiritual atmosphere!

The funniest farting story I have wasn't about an actual fart... I remember there was an elder giving a talk about the evils of the holidays out of one of those school brochures, and he meant to read, "The Pilgrims started to feast" out of it, but it came out, "The Pilgrims farted to cease".

One of the funniest Malapropisms I've ever heard. The whole congo was just rolling with laughter, the first one to give out a loud "guffaw" after an initial embarrassed silent moment of "OMG, did he say that?" was the Presiding Overseer at the time.

I think the meeting just pretty much went to hell after that...small congo, only about 30 people were there.

• blondie
    blondie

The important thing is to look at someone else when you do it. I have heard of this:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7308246594327434369#

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fart_lighting

• crapola
    crapola

One time at the book study that was held at a home a sister farted on the metal chair. Of course that made it louder and I could not control myself. I had to leave the room with tears running down my face from laughing. I think she stayed mad at me for a while after that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit