The Usual Jaw Dropping WT Hypocrisy

by metatron 20 Replies latest jw friends

• qwerty
    qwerty

LOL @ Scully

Oh well, maybe - just maybe - the wheels are turning. We'll have to see whether or not the hamster is alive or not.
    I thinks he got du point!
    Good on U

qwerty

• dmouse
    dmouse

In my part of the world it's know as 'the pot calling the kettle black'.

Yes, stunning hypocrisy. Please PLEASE let dateline air soon.
    Now is the ideal time.

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

> Yes, stunning hypocrisy. Please PLEASE let dateline air soon.
    > Now is the ideal time.

I wonder whether Tonight with Trevor McDonald would interested in running something about it?

Ignored One.

• Bona Dea
    Bona Dea

This is typical WT stuff. If they print it about others, they are in affect saying, we don't do this. It's like a thief (WTS) who, instead of running, sits on the park bench beside the the place he just robbed. He thinks the police (congregation) will assume that he is innocent because he didn't run....because really, if he were guilty would he just sit there like he wasn't? I'm sure there is a psychological term for the thought process but I have no idea what it is.

It also appears to be a way of averting attention from their wrong doings and placing the attention on others. If they say enough bad things about other religions, it will detract from anything that anyone could find with theirs. Trying to make their "sins" as a religion seem small.

"Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them."
    -Walter Kerr

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Nice experience, Scully, and good work!

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• Scully
    Scully

Bona Dea:

I'm sure there is a psychological term for the thought process but I have no idea what it is.

The psychological term for what you've described is projection. It is a defense mechanism similar to denial whereby a person who is guilty of some error/crime etc. projects the behaviour onto someone else. If you're familiar with Shakespeare's Hamlet when the statement is made by Queen Gertrude: The lady protests too much methinks...

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Troy/3076/bibquizanswers.html

"Methinks the lady doth protest too much"
    Shakespeare, Hamlet, iii:2
    Hamlet's father the King has recently died and his mother the Queen has married the new king, her brother-in-law Claudius. Hamlet suspects that Claudius murdered his father, and that Queen Gertrude may have been an accomplice. Prince Hamlet has arranged for a play to be presented to the royal court, in which the player-king's nephew murders the king and marries the queen. Hamlet is carefully watching Claudius and Gertrude's reaction to the play. The play-within-the-play begins with the player king on stage, telling his queen that he wants her to remarry if anything should happen to him. She speaks for thirty lines, insisting that she could never think of remarrying: "Such love must needs be treason in my breast: In second husband let me be accurst! None wed the second but who kill'd the first.... A second time I kill my husband dead, when second husband kisses me in bed." At the intermission Hamlet asks his mother, "Madam, how like you this play?" Queen Gertrude curtly replies, "The lady protests too much, methinks."

As it is commonly spoken, the phrasing is more archaic than Shakespeare originally wrote it, but the meaning is the same: People who insist on their innocence too loudly and too long probably aren't sincere.

The defense mechanism, and knowledge of it, have been around for a long, long time.

Love, Scully

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

Here's the scan...

I live in a shack and I poop in an outhouse.

• worf
    worf

Metatron,

Thanks for posting this.
    The fact that they would print that crap in the current atmosphere of pedophiles being revealed in the Catholic church and others, and KNOWING that the same thing exists within wt walls, shows how arrogant and overconfident the bklyn bastards are!!!!

Whatever can be done to destroy the wt and put it out of business and bring those old fucks to justice is what should be done!!!!

worf(warrior class)

• Farkel
    Farkel

There might be another motive for printing that comment. When the fit hits the shan the WTS can point to comments like that and say, "Well WE condemn such actions. See? It's right here in print."

They are cold-blooded, calculating bastards.

Farkel

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Metatron,

thnaks for rhe "precious gem"!!

at the best... "stunning hypocrisy " or

"hypocrisy at the highest level".

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit