The "SCHOLAR" mentioned in this Sunday's WT Study

by RagingBull 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

July 15, 2013

pg. 16, pp.9... Steven J. Lawson (from book Famine in the Land: A Passionat Call for Expository Preaching)

• chrisuk
    chrisuk

If Google is anything to go by he seems more of a baptist preacher than a "DR" OR a "Scholar".

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

CORRECTION!!!! - earlier Source...Richard N. Longnecker "The Acts of the Apostles", The Expositor's Bible Commentary

• Earnest
    Earnest

Longenecker received a B.A. (1953) and M.A. (1956) from Wheaton College, a Ph.D. from New College, University of Edinburgh, and his D.D. at Wycliffe College, University of Toronto. He is the author of numerous books and over fifty published articles in scholarly and professional journals. He is presently completing a major commentary on Paul's Epistle to the Romans, to be published by Eerdmans in the "New International Greek Testament Commentary" series.

• stillin
    stillin

Sounds like a "scholar" to me..

• chrisuk
    chrisuk

Stllin: "Sounds like a "scholar" to me.."

I was referring to the first name given Steven J Lawson.

• stillin
    stillin

I'm sure the truth will come out, whether by scholars, idiots, or just diffusion from an area of greater concentration to an area of lesser concentration.

perhaps somebody in the audience will point up Mr Lawson's exceeding qualifications. Perhaps Stillin will find a way...

• cantleave
    cantleave

The question is has he been quoted within the context he intended?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

What article?

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

One mans opinion means nothing without evidence........... It remains simply that.....opinion.... No matter the letters after his name.

Religion has a habit of putting the scientist themselves ( that is of use to them) on the pedastal, in the real world this is counter productive, it detracts from what really matters.... the evidence and peer review of the intepretation of the evidence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit