The GB Want More Gimme Gimme Feed Me More Money, What Do We Get?

by LoisLane looking for Superman 20 Replies latest jw friends

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Lois, hubby has a friend who is the poster boy for cognitive dissonance. He was the person who led me to this site, critises everything about the 'Borg: yet thinks it is Gods organization gone off the reservation. Still he has continued to believe that the GB are like the bad kings in Isreal. It's taken him so long to add everything up it was became anoying. Finally, I asked him Ok, so WHAT YEAR was it the "truth"?......Crickets.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Oh 3rdgen... WHAT a good one!!!

What year WAS the Truth ( tm)? lol

Yes, I'd like to know that too.

Since they have a 130 year, zero batting average,

What is the point of memorizing anything they say?

But then if you are a Drone, it doesn't really matter.

They want to milk you of your money, your muscles for bldg projects

And tell you what to do and how to think,

Then they feel like Big Guys. It doesn't sound very Christian to me...

LoisLane

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Roll up, roll up, pay your money and receive everlasting life in paradise on earth!!!

• designs
    designs

Lois- remember back in the late 70s early 80s when the Wt. had us moving the older 192 page books in specials of 3 (nice pretty colors) just to get the old junk off the shelves at the KH.

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Jake says, "it's been a 130+ year snipe hunt."

It would appear Lois that by financially supporting them we are enabling their lunacy? Correct. Like buying alcohol for an alcoholic. It's highly unlikely, but if everyone currently supporting them said they are full of what Outlaw said, they would fold up.

Question: At what point would a person classify or even compare their non-sense as "FOOD"? Is it pleasurable to eat, No, Can I live on it? Not if you accept their stance on getting enough education to support yourself, blood products, the quality of your life will be low. Does studying such non-sense help you to cope with real life's problems or make a person happier? Only in a fantasy world with fantasy problems.

Outlaw's comparison is a great one.

WTBTS is feeding on it's followers, they are not feeding anyone. They are like the flesh eating zoombies, the leaches that suck your blood out, the parasites that eat on you. The only reason they are interested in people is because they want your money, they want you to serve them for free, they want you to volunteer your time, your talents, your strong back to build their realestate empire. All they've got to offer you is some imagined future promised paid by, NOT THEM, but your heavenly father. Go to him to get your reward, don't bother the WTBTS.

• Zoos
    Zoos

Concentrate on the Corn!!..

Outlaw, that's just nasty! LOL

• hoser
  • flipper
    flipper

LOIS- Yes indeed. You nailed it. When we were Jehovah's Witnesses we were strung along and deceived for 134 years since 1879. and JW's today are sTILL being strung along being manipulated, lied to, and deceived. It's a criminally deceitful organization. Period mark. Exclamation point. Peace out, mr. Flipper

• zound
    zound

Lol! new article on JW.org - "Why should I help others?"

Some quotes:

"Two secrets that many people don’t know.

Secret #1: When you give, you are likely to get back!

People will notice that you are generous. As a result, they’ll probably be generous to you. The Bible puts it this way:

• “Practice giving, and people will give to you. . . . With the measure that you are measuring out, they will measure out to you in return.”—Luke 6:38.

No money? No problem. :

“I moved from the United States to Mexico to help teach the Bible. Sometimes it’s difficult to be generous with money or things because I don’t really have much to give. But I’ve found that when I give of my time and energy in the ministry, that’s more appreciated than just giving materially.”—Evan.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Everything is about money. Once you accept that, your whole perspective or your relationship with religion changes.

BTW, I consider money a worthy objective measure of any relationship (may be that is why I became an accountant), so don't consider my comment a negative assessment - it just is what it is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit