Parody of Memorial Song - 7 verses just means perfection

by sd-7 7 Replies latest social humour

• sd-7
    sd-7

--My wife has this as a ringtone on her cell phone, so I can't get the darn song out of my head. Thus, I had no choice but to lampoon it. In order to do so perfectly, I knew that making seven verses--rather than six, which would be handling the matter imperfectly--was not only necessary, but wise. Let us all heed the solemn words of this Memorial parody song.

Jehovah, Godfather in heaven

Oh this is a sadistic night!

It was Nisan 14

And how gory the scene --

And all this to prove that you're right.

They beat up your Son very badly

While his friends left him so high and dry.

Then men cut up a tree

In the shape of a T

And they nailed up your Son till he died.

Before all that your Son Christ Jesus

Had meals with his self-righteous friends.

There was bread and some wine

They were symbols divine

Or perhaps they were merely at hand.

For thousands of years man has ate them

Expecting this man to come back

And it turns out that he

May well still be deceased

Or he may have already come back (in-vis-i-bly-y-y, why won't you sing with me-e)

We pass bread and wine down the aisle

For no apparent reason at all

Because most of us don't

Get to eat while we're home

And no evening meal's here for us.

But thankfully there are anointed

Who can eat this meal in our steads

And we'll jump every day

Just as high as they'll say

In field service until we're all dead.

We know, God, there isn't a fourth verse

But there is some more here to add.

For most anointed ones were just ousted by some

Wow, they must have made Jehovah sad!

For they're no longer of the slave class

If they do not work in New York

Then again, let us eat

For then we'll become kings

Without e'en doing half of the work

Oh, right, let's get back on this Jesus

We celebrate now that he's dead

But his resurrection is a date that we shun

All because of a rabbit and some eggs

We're glad that this meeting's an hour

We'll have veggie pizza and eat out

And we'll pass this short time

With that study who's fine

And is wearing a lovely short skirt

So now that we know you're in charge and

You'll murder us if we are bad

We have nothing to say, save that we will obey

We'll humbly attend Kingdom Halls.

I wonder if it would be an option

For us to just sit and talk this out?

But we know what you'll say

With a loud voice: "No way!

There is no other choice here at all!"

We end this song with seven verses

For we know that number is perfect

If we close one eye and look

Inside this year's Yearbook

We know some of us you'll protect

It's bird food, yes, death for the others

Who fail to just turn in their time

So we'll live in their place

Yes, their bones we'll cremate

And at last we'll be living in style!

--sd-7

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

This is awesome! I enjoy reading your parodies of songs and WT articles.

Where on earth does one get a kingdom melody ringtone? Sorry you have to hear that. :/

(I also love your avatar! Zelda was my favorite game...I even had it as a ringtone. Nerd alert!)

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

sd -7... LOL Yes, Sorry for your pain. Thanks for the new words and verses.

Your version is much better than the original!

LoisLane

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

SD7 i'd love to sing this for kareoke!

• sd-7
    sd-7

Nice_Dream--Thanks.

Also, blasted cell phones these days (well, not mine, since I got mine for free but she has a more advanced one, I've been too cheap to upgrade mine) have the ability to play MP3s, so of course JW music can be used the same as any MP3 file...hence the ringtones.

Thirdly, thanks--I, too, am a big Zelda fan, though motion sickness while playing some of the later games made it hard to keep playing them. Ocarina of Time is the last Zelda game I finished. I chose the avatar in response to my mom's sudden JW-inspired rejection of all things Zelda after having allowed us to play them for decades... Talk about nerd alert, are you excited for the 3DS game 'A Link to Two Worlds' or what??? Also related to nerd alerts, I just now finally discovered the origin story of this Leeroy Jenkins thing. I was afraid I was going to die laughing, seriously. It was scary for a moment. But beautiful, nonetheless.

LoisLane--I'm only smiling on the outside. Deep down I'm crying. "You might join me for a weep!" Ha ha ha ha!

3rdgen--A wise choice. I have a feeling this would go well for someone who was incredibly drunk and red-faced, because people would be wondering when the song was going to end, and it would get really awkward. But then they'd clap at the end, like, two of them.

--sd-7

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

This absolutely is hysterical. My daughter is visiting, we are both suffering from insomnia, so I printed this out and she played it on the piano while I sang and we laughed so hard it hurt. SD-7 you have a gift!!!!! The neighbors must think we are nuts.

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

sd-7 - those darn mp3s Kingdom maladies.

OMG! That game looks amazing! I occasionally dust off the old NES or SNES to play Zelda. Those were the only Nintendo systems we had, so I didn't get to play any later games. But now I know what I want for Xmas. :)

That Leeroy Jenkins thing was funny! I looked it up, lol.

My parents weren't against any Nintendo games, but I did have to stop watching "Today's Special," where a department store mannequin magically came to life. Sounds perfectly logical to me.

• sd-7
    sd-7
    those darn mp3s Kingdom maladies.

Indeed. Our neighbors must think we're from another planet, when that stuff's blaring out of the speakers...so you're not alone, Magwitch :) Thanks, though one wonders if I have a gift or a curse that I can write such things...fine line between genius and madness and all that...

I did have to stop watching "Today's Special," where a department store mannequin magically came to life. Sounds perfectly logical to me.

Wasn't there a movie called 'Mannequin' with that premise, or was that the name of the movie and I've just forgotten? There are so many products with the word 'magic' in them that it's almost worth writing a Beast-Tower article about their use...but I've been out of practice.

Honestly, I feel like maybe my hormones played the role of Leeroy Jenkins in my life...that could be another Beast-Tower article there, 'Who Make Up the Antitypical Leeroy Jenkins Class Today?' Those who rush ahead of Jehovah's organization, heedless of the consequences, would surely in large part fit this description...

Okay, maybe not so out of practice, after all...I haven't read any WT literature in...well, probably not since looking at that new book with the chapter about Abel. How do you write a chapter about a guy who gets introduced and then killed in like, half a page? But I digress...

I am one tired dude...I'm surprised this song was viewed so many times. I feel honored. "A god's voice and not a man's!" [Falls over eaten up by worms]

--[the 'evidently' immortal soul of] sd-7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit