Hazel Dell woman files child sex abuse suit against Jehovah's Witnesses in Washington state

by Sol Reform 18 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Sol Reform
    Sol Reform

http://www.kptv.com/story/23479184/woman-who-lived-in-hazel-dell-files-child-sex-abuse-suit-against-jehovahs-witnesses

Hazel Dell woman files child sex abuse suit against Jehovah's Witnesses Posted: Sep 19, 2013 5:17 PM Updated: Sep 19, 2013 5:27 PM By FOX 12 Staff - email VANCOUVER, WA (KPTV) - The fourth in a series of child sex abuse civil lawsuits against Jehovah's Witnesses congregations around the country was filed in Washington state this week. A now 39-year-old woman said she was abused starting at the age of 8 at the Hazel Dell Kingdom Hall on 109th Street. The abuse, she alleged, went on for several years. The lawsuit alleges the abuse happened during church activities and bible studies that took place in the homes of elders of the congregation. Lawyers claim the church knew about the abuse but did not take action.

• Watchtower-Free
  • tootired2care
    tootired2care

Wow this is not far from where I live, it will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

• Teary Oberon
    Teary Oberon

• Alleged abuse taking place 30+ years ago
    • Most of those involved probably long dead or their memories gone
    • No physical evidence
    • Article states that there is only a single accuser
    • Claiming the incidents happend "during Church activities" despite Church activities involving groups of people and not just a single older man and an unrelated child alone together.

Sounds like an uphill fight the whole way. She might be able to get a jury to sympathise with her and make an emotional award, but 1) I don't agree with the idea of juries handing out awards based on sympathy instead of facts (that is a complete perversion of the Law), and 2) I just don't think that the actual evidence is in her favor.

• chrisuk
    chrisuk

Teary, Tell that to Jimmy savile's Victims. They don't seem to have any problems convincing people and it only took one of them to come forward first then many others followed. Who know perhaps more victims of the same person/people will come forward, And it doesn't matter how long ago the abuse took place. It must take a lot of courage for someone to come forward after suffering such abuse. I wouldn't mind betting that a lot of people never find that courage. You seem to have this lady pinned as some sort of liar.

• chrisuk
    chrisuk

Ahh..Teary! I gather from some of your other posts that defending the watchtower is a hobby of yours, never mind.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

4 in one week

• blondie
    blondie

Sol, thank you for keeping us up-to-date on events in the WTS re child abuse.

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

Whoa, i lived in hazel dell (Vancouver) once!

So sad that even happened.

• tohazeldell
    tohazeldell

I just wanted to say Thank you to everyone who is supporting me on my lawsuit against the JW's, it means the world to me. You all are truely the best. Take Care! T O Hazel Dell

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit