What is the biblical justification for says that a creative days is 7000 years ?

by trackregister99 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• trackregister99
    trackregister99

Hello, what is the biblical proof of that a creative days is 7000 years. I read in the photodrama that russell says that a creative days is 7000 years. And in 1965 edition of "Make sure of all things" page 134 that was changed from "7000 years" to "about 7000 years".

The bible not says the duration of a creative day. The idea of that a creative days is "7000 years" or "about 7000 years" was the base for the lot of expectation for 1975.

The bible not says the begin of the 7th creative day, although it begin between 4026 a.C and 3896 a.C because between it Eve was created (the last creation of 6th day) because in 3896 a.C Set born when Adam is 130 years old.

And the bible not says the end of the 7th creative day. If 1914 is the begin of the end time, the bible not says the duration of the end time.

If a creative day is 8000 years, then 1975 have none importance.

But if a creative day is 7000 years, then Armaggeddon could come before 2105 that is 1975 + 130.

• sir82
    sir82

You say that as if "Biblical proof" mattered even a little bit to the guys who invent WT doctrine.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

They kept up that goofy teaching for quite some time, and it was in the Aid book and the older version of the SI book as well. I heard that it came from a jewish myth that each creative day was that long.

Then around 1989 when the Insight books were revised it was dropped, and instead of saying each creative day was seven thousand years they said, "many thousands of years in length" I believe.

• trackregister99
    trackregister99

edited the post with more info.

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS says they count back using the "bible" chronology. From the creation of Adam (beginning of human history) to 1975 was determined to be 6,000 years and then the 1,000 years of the millenial reign of Christ. They neglected to calculate the time between Adam's creation and Eve's (the end of the 6th creative day).

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/1975.php

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Yeah the current belief is that "the earth is very old," but they won't commit to the 4.65 billion year old fact.

Maybe they clued in to the fact that every 7-9 year old boy is obsessed with dinosaurs, which of course died off more than 40something thousand years ago

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I asked a similar question some time ago, and AlanF pointed me in the right direction to get an answer.

Ready for it? Sit down...

The tradition of a creative day of 7,000 years can be traced back to the ancient religion of Persia, Zoroastrianism.

...that's what I said, too.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

They had to drop the specific length of the creative days because:

1) They were wrong

2) to distance themselves from religions who believe that the Earth was made in seven 24hr days. By comparison the GB appear wise and "biblical."

In answer to your question there is no scriptural indication as to the length of the creative days. They could have been billions of years in length. The Earth was formed and was an uninhabited wasteland for an untold period of time. Perhaps billions and billions of years.

• bigmac
    bigmac

yep--this is what stumbled me 50 years ago. its simple--you start with the answer--1975--then work out a question that fits....

• jam
    jam

At the end of each creative day, evening and morning . In my book

that indicated a 24 hour period. Unless the sun stood still for 7000 years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit