Yet More Annual Meeting Speculation. . .

by breakfast of champions 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Joliette
    Joliette

Wow. Thats a big rumor!

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I will buy a new translation or at least a revision of the NWT. I know we've been talking about it here for awhile and in JW land, that's the rumor as well. Add to that the inability to order a new bible from Bethel with no explaination and it seems this makes sense.

I really don't believe they will make any doctrinal changes this time. But, it will be interesting to see what sort of revisions are being made to the NWT or its replacement. It's worded so awfully in many places that it can be just as hard to read or understand as the KJV.

• wasblind
    wasblind

The new name of the WTS Bible will be called Aesop's Fables Fables of the Governing Body

You can be sure they'll twist the scriptures to fit Nu lite

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

How 'bout" "The Holy Bible"?

Nah, there's no branding there. They gotta' have a unique name because they're so special!

• WishingLiz
    WishingLiz

So I wonder what's changed. Maybe they needed to rewrite certain passages, so it would tie in with new light soon to be revealed.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Theocratic Translation of the Holy Scriptures.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Nothing earth shattering.

But on the Oct 5 & 6 (the weekend of the memorial) I was just remembering I would be out of town on business and having to miss our public talk and Watchtower. Then it dawned on me…..’We won’t be having our usual Sunday meeting cause our congregation will be away at the AGM’. That’s when it crossed my mind: The Watchtower! That’s possibly something that will be covered at the AGM! So I look up the Watchtower Study article for that week ….’You Have Been Sanctified’. Nothing in that article that appears too heavy or earth-shaking. It talks about avoiding bad association, stresses need of supporting theocratic arrangements through monetary contributions & limiting our commercial interests…blah, blah, blah!

So if the AGM lasts say…. 2 hours. I figure 1 hour will be spent talking about the New Bible and its’ various features & content (maybe handled like a symposium with 6 of the GB having each 10 minutes), ½ hour summary of the WT (handled by another WT heavy but not GB member).

Its’ that last ½ hour I haven’t quite figured out yet! Hmm! I do think it will be a part by the other 2 GB members (15 minutes each) about something Big! Hmm! Where are those informants of ours?

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

"The New and Improved Version of the Previously Botched Translation of the Scriptures" will be followed by a new publication explaining the changes entitled: "Things in Which We Were Wrong but have Revised in an Attempt Not to Loose any more Followers. Written posthumously by Fred Franz Edited to add; The publication will be a LARGE two volume set

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The Faithful Slave's Progressive Funky/fresh transliteration of the Holy Writ for dummies?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Will it have a green cover?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit