Could RUTHERFORD be the magic key to open blind minds?

by Muddy Waters 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I agree that it will have no effect on believing JW's what you reveal about Rutherford. He is seen according to the Noo Lite as one of a group serving up "spiritual food", (none of which is "truth" today) he is not seen as he really was, the autocratic leader who wrote it all, and who would brook no opposition to his ideas.

Even if you point out that he sacked the rest of the editorial committee in 1931 I believe (may have been '32) so was without doubt the sole provider of "spiritual food" until his death in 1942, this will make no difference to the believing JW.

Someone who is beginning to wake up though, as pointed out above, all such information may be just the thing !

It was an eye-opener to me to see what an A-hole he was when I was waking up, and his admission that he made an "ass" of himself over 1925 showed me he was making it up as he went along, he had no guidance from heaven, as neither do the WT today.

The WT, who are also desperately making it up as they go along, aware that time is running out for their 19th Century style Apocalyptic / End times religion.

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Yes, you all make some good points. Sigh. Just.... dang. I mean, Rutherford. Rutherford, of all people! JWs are supposed to accept that out of ALL the people on the earth, Jesus chose him. I just keep shaking my head. My mind boggles.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit