THE DIVORCE OF THE CENTURY!

by JW GoneBad 18 Replies latest forum suggestions

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Some would argue that Mother and 1914 have been carrying on much longer than 100 years.

Its’ true Mother started dating/courting 1914 late in the 1800’s. Some would say also that it was Mother who wanted to have a long engagement before committing. But once the actual year game around then Mother (WTBTS) was swept off her feet and she and 1914 tied the knot.

Others say, nah!, divorce is out of the picture. For example Oubliette posts:

I think your suspicions of a "divorce" are over-rated.

Maybe so, after all Mother (WTBTS) has a lot more to loose if she chooses divorce.

How about separation?

A lot of couples who have grown apart and who have developed a complicated relationship over the years opt for separation. Especially where there are children involved. Custody battles can be a bitch! What would happen to their 8 million JW offspring if Mother divorced 1914! Many of the older children have grown so attached to 1914. I could see many becoming disappointed with Mother. May be not so much the younger JWs born latter. With 1914 not being around as much in these later years, they wouldn’t have gotten as close to him. So separation makes sense!

Its’ settled then! The rumor is separation and not divorce!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

JW GoneBad, I see you read the last line of my post, but you seem to have missed the three before it!

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Read the july 15th WT... They won't be dropping 1914 anytime soon

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I'm with Captain Obvious when they finally do decide to drop it will be done on the quiet.

No other religious organization ever said a thing about 1914.... why ?

...... because it was always maligning bullshit, intensionally and directly created to attract attention to literature ,

Literature that the WTS. Corporation published themselves.

• Island Man
    Island Man

Mother: "Divorce? What are you talking about? We were never even married! We were just . . . acquaintances. From since the inception of my letters I have always spoke out against paganism so just how can you think that I could ever have been married to a pagan man who dabbled in Pyramidology and who lied about his date of birth? It is evident that you have overinflated your imaginations and drew wrong conclusions from what I stated in my letters. Or maybe . . . Have you been listening to lies from your ex-brothers who were kicked out of the house? You know I have told you not to listen to anything they have to say, that they are 'mentally diseased' and resort to using half-truths and outright lies. Just remember who has been cooking your food for you. Do you think there is another woman out there who can cook like I can? No! There is no one else outside this house. Stay loyal to me. Eat only the food that I cook, and shun the poisonous food of your mentally diseased brothers who left."

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

It seemed at first, that theirs was a match made in heaven but once again our fickle Mother, the WTBTS, finds herself back in the "dating" scene.

• Glander
    Glander

In a way, I admire the entire history and strategy of the cult. To have so completely bamboozled so many people for so long, in an "end of the world" fairy tale is hard to believe. This could never happened , of course, without the leverage of shunning and extreme commitments, i.e., flag salute, the draft, blood transfusions, voting, higher education, etc.

They have also benefitted from their playing up of natural events like earthquakes, wars, etc .

All the while pouring it into hard cash assets. Talking $ Billions

They have a lot of hard core followers who don't care anymore that the "Truth" is a Swiss Cheese. They are committed.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

What Glander said!

• prologos
    prologos

If you asked 1914, he probably would be surprised to hear that "WWho BBothered TTo SSay Inc" was /is married to him. she is dreaming.

!914 is firmly established in history,

wifely wt wishes not. lady sitting on many waters, perhaps.

east river, lake warwick.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit