THE DIVORCE OF THE CENTURY!

by JW GoneBad 18 Replies latest forum suggestions

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

So there is a rumor going around about 1914 and its possible demise!

I can’t help but think of the many and I say many divorces (not to make light of the matter) that JW families have had to deal with among their ranks over the years.

However, knowing how long the WTBTS and 1914 have been together and the thought of Mother (WTBTS) doing away with her ‘man’ (1914) after nearly 100 years of marriage is truly heart breaking for some.

Many old-timers probably still think of the old days when they were like any other happy couple; inseparable, always holding hands, romantic and the like.

And now it seems like Mother (WTBTS) is distancing herself from him (1914) more and more these days. They seem to talk less and less, least wise Mother (WTBTS) seems to talk about & mention him (1914) in conversation less and less. It seems like the love Mother had for him at first just isn’t there anymore. I’ll bet they sleep in separate beds now, maybe even in separate rooms!

Like any poor husband whose about to be divorced, I’ll bet that Mother winds-up with everything, even though she never would have come this far without his (1914) being there.

Oh, I remember the days she used to brag about him! 1914 this and 1914 that! Oh, how she would mention him in her diary and other journals. As far back as the 1950’s she would mention him, even thousands of times as she would write. Now it seems as the years have gone by Mother mentions him less and less in her writings, as few as a couple times in a year if any. How sad!

I wonder how she’s going to dump him. Will she brazenly throw him out the front door for all in the neighborhood & community to see? Or will she do it more discreetly, like out the back door, so as not to draw too much attention to herself and her divorced state? Or maybe they’ll wind-up staying together for the sake of the kids like so many other unhappy couples do. And they have produced their share of kids together, nearly 8 million! Wow!

Mother has already cashed-in on all the real-estate that with his (1914) help they amassed together over the years and now she has relocated to a place called Patterson, Walkill or Warwick, I’m not sure!

Mother is very much like a Black Widow Spider who after she is done with her mate, she kills him. Poor ole 1914, I wish him well!

• rmt1
    rmt1

To pursue your parable or analogy to its logical conclusion, she will poison him. Generally, in a way that retains full mobility, plausible deniability, freedom of speech, capacity to conspicuously mourn, the right to sympathy, and other devices, designs, and strategems.

• steve2
    steve2

It can be extraordinarily difficult to unwed oneself from a long cherished belief - especially a belief that was unquestioningly embraced as "evidence" that "proved" one would not grow old in this system of things. It is hard and very disturbing to deny wrinkles, crinkles and the aches, pains and strains of older age as 1914 fades more dimly into the past. The man or woman in the mirror should not be growing old. Help!!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Though I do not doubt they will do their very best to let 1914 fade from memory, I do not think "Mother" can afford a very Public divorce.

No, this must be a quiet arrangement between Mother and 1914, so that the 1919 appointment that gives the GB their power and authority remains intact.

WOTTA SILLY CULT !

• mP
    mP

Predictions about 1914 never happened. Youve been misled by Satan, Shhhatan.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

I can understand the need to just let 1914 drift away but with the recent 2010 change of the definition of the word "generation" being over lapping how does this not keep 1914 ever present as this is the starting point of the 1st generation that will over lap with the 2nd generation.

NJY

• mP
    mP

Why stop at one generation, when two or a dozen will do ?

• Fernando
    Fernando

Probably the most apt piece ever written on "poor ole 1914" and psychotic "mother".

How can we preserve this for posterity?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Apparently you haven't read last Sunday's WT. 1914 is very prominent.

If I counted right, it occurs 11 times in that one article alone. It is found 34 times in the 32 pages of the magazine.

I think your suspicions of a "divorce" are over-rated.

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

The 1914 teaching won't be dropped despite its insignificance.

Kool Jo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit