Sleepy Hollow

by Flg8ter 11 Replies latest social entertainment

• Flg8ter
    Flg8ter

Who else is watching the new show "Sleepy Hollow"? The series premiere is on right now. In the first few minutes of the show.......it show a road leading into the small town. As the town gets close, there is a "Entering Sleepy Hollow" sign....with the population......which was...you guessed it.. 144,000. LMAO.........got me wondering if someone on the writing is an ex-JW......

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

Im gonna watch. Not on yet my time.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

The show is slanting kinda biblical. The 4 horse men of the apocalypse. That’s what the headless horseman represents. 144000 is in every bible. Not just the NWT.

They talk alot about Revelation, Judgement day and 2 witnesses... ect

I doubt there is an JW connection... Would be funny though... So far it's a pretty good show.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I thought Sleepy Hollow was supposed to be a small town. A population of 144,000 would make a good sized city, not a small town. The original Sleepy Hollow that Washington Irving wrote about, in NY state, has a population even today of under 10,000.

• NeonMadman
  • AlphaMan
    AlphaMan
    I thought Sleepy Hollow was supposed to be a small town. A population of 144,000 would make a good sized city, not a small town. The original Sleepy Hollow that Washington Irving wrote about, in NY state, has a population even today of under 10,000.

Easier for a headless zombie to blend in with a population of 144,000 vs 10,000 people. I enjoyed the program and will watch again.

• Flg8ter
    Flg8ter

Ya.....I caught all the biblical references....still a great show! Gonna watch next for sure.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

When I was in Bethel there was a place in the factory that was referred to as "Sleepy Hollow" where all the ancient Bethelite men that could still fog up a mirror, were given little jobs to do like fold things and stuff things in envelopes.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Yes there are lots of fundamentalists who understand the significance of 144k.

I enjoyed the inventiveness of relating the horseman to Revelation, and the time travel thing. Very interesting.

Come on, admit it. How many here are dressing up as Ichabod or the horseman for Halloween?

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Sounds pretty interesting, but I'll most likely wait for Netflix to get the DVDs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit