What proof do we have? How did we pass the inspection in 1919?

by Quarterback 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Yes, yet another example that kinda sounds O.K until you look at the facts.

They were imprisoned on charges that were valid at the time. It was decided that as the war was over, the expense of an appeal trial was no longer justified, so they were released.

They were never "exonerated" as they claim.

So Jesus chose convicted criminals as his FDS. He chose them over groups that were larger, were teaching much of what is accepted as "truth" today by the WT, and who had been more neutral during WW1.

Makes all kinds of sense, not.

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

@Sloppy Joe, that makes alot of sense. Never thought of it that way. Guess nobody is checking for Witnesses. I remember some of the friends said before I got baptized that I would not really see anyone against witnesses that much but just wait until you get baptized. Well, when I do talk to folks, I tell them I'm a witness & you know what, not even a blink of the eye. All they say is, that's nice & they may have witnesses in their families or know of witnesses. But that is the extent of it. As you say, nobody cares. I think that is what makes them angry, that nobody cares, they are not the talk of the town.

As you say only 7 million or so, only a small part of the world's population. I guess I just want them to wake-up. I woke up before I went. I know how this org. operates. I stay down wind...keep to myself, yet I'm friendly...Keep my thoughts to myself. I come on this site...TO VENT..

Not sure, how long I'll be a witness, but if they toss me to the curb, I'll be a christian longer than a witness...

Legacy

• chrisuk
    chrisuk

Thanks mp & Designs.

• Emery
    Emery

A couple of questions here. How many Bible students were there around 1918-1919 compared to Christendom? There's no way a few thousand followers of Russell out numbered the preaching of Christianity around the world in 1919. When it comes to groups or religions that don't teach the trinity, hellfire, or holidays how come Jesus passed up on the Christadelphians and Islam? Islam has been against the trinity since the 6th century.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit