What proof do we have? How did we pass the inspection in 1919?

by Quarterback 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

With the New light, the governing body apparently passed the Master's inspection due to our focus on preaching the Kingdom at that time. We were the only ones doing this according to the July WT re all those changes.

But, were we really doing this in 1918? I thought it was only the Colporteurs. The vast majority of Bible Students didn't participate until decades later. How do we know that this was on Jesus' score card?

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

After Rutherford stole full control and kicked out all who opposed him, he then started writing and publishing that they were chosen. He'd write the article then say "Look, see it says we were chosen in 1919, :pointing to the phrase:, yup it says so right there! You can't make that stuff up!".

Hence from then on all the sheeple would take as fact anything that the leaders would write and print about themselves. Therefore perfectly applying the biblical principle found at 2 Cor 10:12 - "For we do not dare to class ourselves among some or compare ourselves with some who recommend themselves. Certainly they in measuring themselves by themselves and comparing themselves with themselves have no understanding."

• Nathan Natas
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

The 1919 choosing by Jesus is the most ridiculous claim by the WT. There have been hundreds of ridiculous claims, but this one takes the biscuit.

As Ray Franz said (may not be verbatim,from memory) "To say that the WT was chosen by Jesus, on the basis of what they taught then, in 1919, is an insult to the intelligence of Jesus"

As you rightly point out, preaching by all of Rutherfords Bible Students, and preaching from door to door by all, came later.

Nothing they taught then, as doctrine unique to them, is now considered by the WT/JW's to be "truth", so my question to any JW is:

CAN YOU NAME ONE VALID REASON WHY JESUS SHOULD HAVE CHOSEN THEM IN 1919 ????????????????????

• designs
    designs

The claim is based on several things taught and done then- most Bible Students did not go to war, WWI, and their non-hell non-trinity and Last Days ideas made them feel they were unique whether true or not. My grandfather, who was a Bible Student, preached in that time and was arrested at the time the Directors were arrested on Treason charges for distributing the Finished Mystery book.

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

It's elementary My Dear Watson(s)...They said so....who can dispute that he didn't. One sister said, that God chose them to do the preaching work. What other religion has reached as far as the WTS ? God has to approve of them, because they are so organized & this what they have been doing for years, so God had to appoint them. Again, who can say they were not approved...I always say, maybe so, what org. in this world today has not been exposed ? In this day of BIG BROTHER, where even a goat on top of Mt. Everest can be reported, why the Org. has never had real publicity worldwide. To this day, I've read so many sites where witnesses complain, expose & gossip & still nobody knows about there flip flop of understandings, what goes on at HDQ..child abusers, must I go on..Never read about it in the NYT or WSJ or any of the rag papers...something to think about...is God really protecting them ? I'm not saying he is....but if Clinton got exposed....I'm just saying.

Legacy

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Dear designs, your JW past goes back further than mine !

You illustrate my point very well. All the things you mention as to teaching, are not of course, unique to the Bible Students of the time. Yes, individual Bible Students did preach, but mainly the work was done by Colporteurs (Pioneers), many in the Ecclesias, self-governing congregations, never went from door to door.The other denominations who fitted the bill at the time would be able to lay claim to equal preaching work.

Perhaps Jesus chose Rutherford and Gang simply because they got arrested ? (on charges that to my mind were valid ).

There seems to be no other reason.

• chrisuk
    chrisuk

Forgive my ignorance, but! Is there anywhere in the Bible where it says Jesus would be inspecting relgious orgnizatons at any given point in time?

• mP
    mP

@ChrisUk

Nearly all xian beliefs are made up and not bible based. This is yet another invention.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Well with the lack of clarity on why they make this claim, I'm still puzzled.

It sure reiterates that question during the last days, "Who really is the Faithful and Discreet slave?" This question is unanswered in my mind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit