Shooting at Navy Yard

by Kool Jo 28 Replies latest social current

• Kool Jo
  • mP
    mP

Yeh peace thats why they work in a naval yard. I call it karma.

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

mP - that is harsh - no one deserves that - it is not karma. I suppose you think the young officer killed in London by two Islamic fundamentalists also deserved it - seems you are still stuck in a particular mindset. It is fine to oppose ogvernment foreign policy that promotes war like US invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq and the proposed strikes on Syria - but the individuals who work in the military or support industry for the military are pawns in the system and like it or not apart from US adventurism by the likes of George W, the role of the miliatary is generally a defensive one .

• mP
    mP

Frazzled:

Is it any harsher than the countless orphans who were killed because somebody dropped a bomb in Afghanisan ? Unfortunately war is a tough game, theres no second chances. People die often out of bad luck. There are lots of arseholes inthe US military just like other militaries. I guess its those same aresholes who also mixed with another who did the actual shooting. Its not a pure or kind environment.

The people who work for the military are parasites, they have jobs because there is strife and war somewhere other than their home. They dont seem to mind collecting their paychecks when other people get bombed.

• mP
    mP

Frazzled:

George W, the role of the miliatary is generally a defensive one

mP:

you might want to check how many countries the US has invaded inthe past 50 years. it might surprise you but the USA has invaded more countries than nearly the rest of the world combined. Almost none of thoese have been defensive. Just ask the people of any of those countries what they think when the US invaded and bombed their homes and killed their family just for oil or to install another corrupt leader who happened to agree with them.

Iran, Afghanisan, Gulf war 1, support for Iraq in the Iraq v Iran world, support of Israel, support of the crooked regimes in egypt etc. And thats onlhy thestart, we can go back furtehr and further away from the middle east. All of these characters use weaspons and money from the US military machine.

Or we could look a little closer to home, at Cuba, Chile, the banana republics, Oliver North etc.

• Simon
    Simon
    Yeh peace thats why they work in a naval yard. I call it karma.

What an idiotic comment.

• chrisuk
    chrisuk

Idiotic indeed.

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

hi mp - did an honours thesis on US foreign policy and interventions during the Cold War - I am very familiar with US interventionism and how bad it has been recently and was before Vietnam but between and the 2nd Gulf War (the 1st Gulf War was a sensible and measured response to Saddam's invasion of Kuwait; and Somalia was misconcieved but relatively harmless) it was significantly curtailed unitl George W made the mistake of getting involved in Afghanistan and Iraq. I still maintain that the strength of the US military is primarily defensive and actually decreases global conflict by acting as a deterrent. I can see why it looks like an oxymoron but you do need to recognise we are in a period of unparalleled peace and the strength of the US military is one of the reasons for that.

• AuntConnie
    AuntConnie

It's part of the Sign, "love of the greater number will cool down!". Jehovah is close to returning in the clouds picking up his faithful followers (GB).

• mP
    mP

Simon:

What an idiotic comment.

mP:
    Why is it idiotic ? You do realise that most of the world doesnt think the US military is honourable but quite a terrible organisation. Just like we judge the Roman army as being anything but benevolent the same is true of the US military. Need i remind you of the blood of tens or hundreds of thousands in Irq and Afghanistan.

For those armies to be busy they need support. Those in the Naval yard help make that possible.

Next time try and criticise what i say instead of childish comments.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit