Adjustments In Understanding--2013/7/15/Watchtower!

by Atlantis 56 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

I actually wouldn't have a problem with the Governing Body calling their teachings "understandings" as long was we were allowed to treat them as just that: Their understanding of this or that and nothing more!

But the reality is that--in JW-land--you can be disfellowshipped for merely disagreeing with or even questioning their "understandings."

As someone around here used to like to say, "Let's review: It's a cult!"

And that is MY UNDERSTANDING of this clusterf*ck knows as Jehovah's Witnesses.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Marking - Thanks -

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Thanks for this...

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

I don't think a person could state the facts better than the way joepublisher1 does! JWs have to know in their hearts that something is seriously wrong within their organization. A 5 year old could see there is something wrong.

Petra

• cofty
    cofty

marking

• Listener
    Listener

It is noticeable that they quote Watchotower magazines more often than they quote bible scriptures.

• cha ching
    cha ching

The April 8 Awake of 1972 p.32 under the heading: YourChildrenCanLearnFromtheGreatTeacher said:

"Children listened with fascination to the things taught them by Jesus Christ because he was able to make things simple and easily understood."

There is no way in HelllOOOooooo that I would want to have to explain this moronic stupidity to my children.

It makes MY brain hurt.....

On the other hand, it pretty well shows "that in later periods of time some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to misleading inspired utterances and teachings of demons, 2 by the hypocrisy of men who speak lies," (Col 4:1, 2)

And, as Paul said in Acts 20:29 "I know that after my going away oppressive wolveswill enter in among YOU and will not treat the flock with tenderness, 30 and from among YOU yourselves men will rise and speak twisted things to draw away the disciples after themselves."

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Photo of the actual GB's boardroom blackboard showing how they worked this all out under Jehovah's direction for you brothers. Please show your gratitude for this blessed new light by going to your bank and setting up regular weekly automatic payments into your congregation's KM fund:

• losingit
    losingit

yadda yadda 2-- that blackboard image implies they have some concrete knowledge, although indiscernible. the GB have no theological foundation for anything they teach. you give them too much credit with that pic :-)

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

So during the years that we were being taught the old information and were globally spreading what is now considered to be incorrect, we were not really in "The Truth" as we claimed to be. I was baptized having learned the old information. Does this make my Baptisim null and void since my dedication was based upon misinformation? Is God going to hold me personally responsible for spreading this misinformation about his word the Bible and possibly turning people away from him when they recognized that what I was telling them was wrong?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit