young JW;s on facebook

by besty 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Fernando
    Fernando

Two FB accounts really makes sense when one mixes with people from different planets... Uh, I mean galaxies... Uh, I mean universes...

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I posted factoids and old wt quotes and pics from the noo lite mags on Facebook just to try to stir my Jw friends into using their grey matter but ended up either being unfriended or ratted to the elders. Then I unfriended most jws cuz they just weren't trustworthy.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

On my facebook, I made a folder where I put inspirational type quotes. Quite a few JW's "liked" or shared it. Now I'm adding photo quotes about logical, critical thinking, benefits of an open mind etc. I also added the logical fallacies bingo chart, as an "ooh, let's try this at the text party" and tagged my daughter telling her to go easy on me as I'm still learning. She knows the JW religion isn't right and is taking Psychology, but since the game might intimidate those that don't know logical fallacies,I added a disclaimer.

Just trying to get a few thinking. I unfriended those that would be difficult, too Julia.

• steve2
    steve2

The newer generations of JWs are indeed a different breed than we oldies and from the even older "old-school JWs" of my mother's generation and her JW/Bible Student parents' generation.

The newer breeds - so to speak - are neither "better" nor "worse" than earlier ones - it's simply a sign that the world does not end but it simply "moves on". Sometimes it takes end-times religions several generations to wake up to this uncomfortable fact of existence: One generation follows another, then another and then another and the world simply grinds on and on and on...

• flipper
    flipper

My oldest JW daughter finally got on Facebook after not being on it for years- ever. She's a regular pioneer but finally got on it according to my son who is a non-Witness. My son is going to try to possibly friend her and see where it goes - if she'll accept him. He'll just write some very kind stuff like that he misses her and to see how she's doing. Hopefully she'll respond

• Skbj
    Skbj

Besty glad to see the rebellious Scottish blood still runs well after all :D

This is the hilarious thing that happened in my country: A couple of years ago they "finally" caught up with social media. Everyone was in there. At least anyone below age 40 that I know in the congregation I grew up with.

6 months later. All disappeared. And I reall mean all.

I then found out recently on YouTube a recording of an assembly talk in the area where my family lives, where they were condemning the use of social media, well not openly condemning it, but basically telling the parents to take a tight leash on their kids....and the date was around the same time all of those I knew disappeared. I guess kids were forced and adults had to "give the example".

The only one who were left were kids who got out of the WTS, and adults who I know were DF'd and of course I befriended them all :D In fact was great to catch up with friends I had grown up with but didn't speak to in almost 20 years.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

We came along in the mid 80s, and met lots of families with young kids. Those kids are now adults and when you see their pages on FB you would not know they were ever in the JW. Sexy selfie poses, tiny bikinis on boats and beaches, make-up and tattoos and weird hair to the nines. Plus many df in their friend lists. Lots of swearing, boozing it up. Body builders, a lot of both boys and girls. Very few with much education or decent jobs.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Have you had any feedback besty?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit