exjw terminology

by Marilyn 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

I get a lot of laughs from the deviations that you guys come up with. Some one from the UK started calling it the Troof, which cracked me up. The other day I saw Kingdumb Hall. I've just changed it to Kingdumb All. Would love to hear more. I spose small things amuse small minds. :-)))))))))

Marilyn

• dmouse
    dmouse

Yeah, I love those too! I think they're called spoonerisms.

Ones I've heard include Witchtower and Afake!

Kingdoom hall of Jehovah's Witlesses.

• larc
    larc

One of my favorites was coined by TR. He calls them Jehoagies.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

I refer to JW's as Watchtower Clones.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

This one courtesy of Uncle Bruce:

Joe Ratherflawed

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

When I first came to this site and heard the term Borg for the WT I was in stitches.

Join the Watchtower or you will die.
    Only Jehovah's Witnesses have the TRUTH all other religions EVIL and from the Devil.
    You must beleive the Watchtower or you're going to die a painful death forever, isn't that really GOOD NEWS?
  • Englishman
    Englishman

My very own invention. (Puffs out chest)

APOSTOPHOBE / APOSTOPHOBIA / APOSTER SEA (Between tyhe Black Sea and the Red Sea.)

Englishman.

• AlanF
    AlanF

My stepson calls them Jay Holies.

The term "borganization" probably first began to be used around 1995 on a Usenet site called "jesus-witnesses". It was quickly shortened to "borg".

AlanF

• Waygooder64
    Waygooder64

Remember when we went to meetings and we called it "The Truth".As in "How long have you been in the Truth"? I now call it "The LIE".A few friends and I are all reformed Watchtower whores and we still have to catch ourselves when we say stuff and refer it to the "Truth"

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Someone, whom I can't recall, posted the other day and called
    the Jws "Jehobah's witnesses." I had an aunt who called them
    the " Jehos." And some Russians, I read somewhere, call them "Jehovahites." A local paper dated 1918 called the Russellites
    "Mussellites," but that may have been a typo.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit