Finally a WT prophecy fulfilled?

by Marilyn 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

So what does the scripture "the love of the greater number will cool off" mean if it's not the big falling away from the WTS in the last few years? BTW I don't remember the scriptural context but I have sometimes wondered about it - even though I'm a devout non-believer.

Marilyn

• Teirce
    Teirce

Unfortunately you have a point. It's a short step from saying that the "greater number", formerly applied to wordly people, could now apply to the "great crowd", who would then be basically associated with being worldy. Greater number of the great crowd, ish.

We still can't beat "Serving With One United Shoulder".. if anyone remembers that joke.

Any takers that the WTS has head-hunters that scope out places like this for ideas to throw on the policy change slush pile?

• TR
    TR

I believe that the "love" also cooled off in 1975 and just after Russell died. Could there be a multiple fulfillment?

TR

UADNA-WA
    Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America- Washington Division

• Moxy
    Moxy

how could there NOT be multiple fulfillments? the statement is so vague it could be applied to anything from the decline of disco music to male erectile dysfunction.

mox

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

TR I presume you mean 1875? And Moxie, yes perhaps it's referring to old age? Or maybe it applies to people who used to like the Rosanne Show?

Marilyn

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

Sorry TR - I'm with you now. Duh!!!

• Bang
    Bang
    So what does the scripture "the love of the greater number will cool off" mean if it's not the big falling away from the WTS in the last few years?

Do you think your still psychologically attached to the WTBTS belief system to think that scriptures refer to JWs ?
    - as if they would be more pertinent than say the orange people ?

Bang

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

Hi Bang, Were in Oztralia R U? I'm in Melbourne. I don't think I'm psychologically attached to the organdization but I guess my quesiton looks like I might be. It's just that it fits our discription from a dub point of view. I really can't remember the context it was said in. I know how the dubs interpret it though.

I wouldn't know where to begin to convince you I'm not uneasy about the Troof according to dubdom. If it is then they are welcome to it. I don't think much of them or their God. I've been out 20 yrs and I have nooooooooooo regrets. Besides it's not me that's fulfilling the prophecy coz I left before leaving became popular :-)))))

• Bang
    Bang

But do you attach any credence to them being particularly mentioned at all by scriptures? - other than perhaps things like, "many will come in my name, saying, 'I am he!' and, 'The time is at hand!' Do not go after them." or "Woe to you lawyers! for you have taken away the key of knowledge"

Bang

• D8TA
    D8TA
    the love of the greater number will cool off

Silly WTBTS...that happened at the end of the "Disco" era.

D8TA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit