Do Kids Hate Being JW`s?

by Englishman 95 Replies latest jw friends

• TR
    TR

Boy do I feel dumb. I became a witness after my childhood was over. Guess I didn't know that I had a good thing going.

TR

• Xandit
    Xandit

I'm familiar with the quote from the Watchtower, but I also know, at least in my experience, that most people don't pay a shred of attention to that kind of stuff.

• Latte
    Latte

PHEW!!! Thank goodness for that!!

Bit of a laugh though is'nt it?

• happytobefree
    happytobefree

Being a Homecoming Queen is also creature worship. I will be going to my 15 yr. Class Reunion this year and guess what I'm remembered for. The girl who refused her appointment as Homecoming Queen. the girl who was as fast as Flo Jo, but could not participate in Track. The girl whose parents allowed her to be President over her vocational class membership, but to later step down, because some JW in her class told that I took an oath (which I purposedly did not tell my parents).

So you can sum this all up that being a JW Kid is HORRIBLE. I think it's a punishment fit for Juvenile Deliquents.

Happy to be Free (Me)

P.S.

When I'm ask the questions about why I stepped down from Homecoming Queen, track, etc. at my Class Reunion. I will be happy to reply - "Because my Parents belonged to a Cult - The Jehovah's Witnesses". L

• Xandit
    Xandit

I'm happy to report that last year in our local high school the Junior Princess was a Witness and the fastest middle distance runner they have is a Witness. No one said a thing.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Xandit,

No one said a thing.

Now I know you're lyin'.

• larc
    larc

Xandit,

Where do you live anyway? It seems that the vast majority of people here have had a much different experience than you. I really didn't care for your "lower slobovia" remark, as if our experiences represent some isolated backward place. There is a pretty good cross section of places represented here, and since the WT attempts to stamp out a uniform product from their children, I would say that your situation is very atypical, if true. You strain credebility with your comments. Your comments about 1975, college, and weekend softball don't ring true.

• happytobefree
    happytobefree

Xandit,

You must live in an area that the majority are JW.

• LDH
    LDH

Hey TR,

he he he, man you are brave to admit that!

Larc,
    I know where Xandit lives and you are wrong, wrong, wrong, mister!
    He lives on story 115 of My Book of Bible Stories! Look, here's the headlines from his local newspaper, where a JW is the fastest middle distance runner!

Look at those tall trees, pretty flowers and high mountains! Isn't it beautiful here? Wouldn't you like to live in a house in a place like this?

C'mon, it's obvious Xandit drank the KoolAid! He lives in a fantasy land; only in his world do JWs do everything they want with little or no repercussions for disagreeing with the stated word of God's Servant! Everyone else here except for Fred Hall and Xandit is delirious and should RUN not walk to the Shrink! You imagined everything negative you're recalling!

Xandit: I'm familiar with the quote from the Watchtower, but I also know, at least in my experience, that most people don't pay a shred of attention to that kind of stuff. Man, do your local elders know this?

• Xandit
    Xandit

If you guys want to be locked into your cherished paradigms just go ahead, it doesn't bother me. I do find it amusing that any negative assertion is pretty much taken as Gospel while anything that doesn't fall in with the herd mentality is immediately suspect. What I've said is true, whether you believe it or not is a matter of absolute indifference to me.

On reflection, I do have to admit one elder did say something to me about the "creature worship" deal with the Junior Princess. I told him when we stopped bowing down to COs, kissing the rings of DOs and prostrating ourselves before Bethel Brothers then it would be time to talk about "creature worship." That's when he told me about some honor he had to forgo when he was in school because his parents didn't want any part of wordly prominence, and that was the end of that discussion.

Most Elders are very much aware that stuff like that particular Watchtower comment are ignored.

What most of you don't seem to grasp is that unless you do something that is actionable judicially, there's not a whole lot anyone can do about your activities other than shoot their mouth off a little bit. I've never cared a whole lot what anyone else thought so it hasn't bothered me.

Edited by - Xandit on 14 February 2001 0:19:17

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit