Professing to the "A" Word... Sacrili...

by AGuest 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LDH
    LDH
    1. Do not profess to be anointed, for they will ostracize you.

2. Do not profess to be anointed, for they will persecute you.

3. Do not profess to be anointed, for they will expel you.

4. Do not profess to be anointed, for they will slander you.

5. Do not profess to be anointed, for they will do whatever is in their power to 'kill' you... spiritually.

Unless you are 80, white, and grew up in the JW religion. Then, all bets are off. You are AUTOMATICALLY annointed. ha ha

Lisa

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Shelby, how can we tell the difference between someone who is anointed, and someone who claims to be anointed but is, in fact, mentally ill?

--
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes. - Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest FunkyD... may you have peace!

The word of my Lord, the Son of God, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, to you is that with regard to BOTH groups... 'by their fruits you will know them'... as manifested by the 'gifts' of God's spirit... or by the lack thereof.

But this does not distinguish the sons from those mentally ill, for in truth, even a chosen one may suffer from 'mental illness', as THIS world defines it. Trust me, I have been called such (and worse) more than once, even here. Virtually every prophet was accused of insanity. Even my Lord himself was thought 'mad'. But that is because THIS world ALWAYS puts a label of madness... or inferiority... on that which is 'different'... or inexplicable (by them).

And... there are those who claim to be 'anointed', who are NOT... and are also not considered 'mentally ill'. Yet, of such ones, my Lord will say, "Get away from me; I never KNEW you!"

May I offer a suggestion? Unless it is OBVIOUS that one is not a son of God (as evidenced by his similarlity to Cain, borne out in 'hatred' for his 'brother'), and since ALL creation is awaiting the revealing of the sons of God, would it not behoove ALL of us to treat one another AS IF we were ALL Christ's brothers, anointed with holy spirit? Truly, what is the harm in doing so? Even if such one professes a different faith, what is the harm? For indeed, even if such one PROVES themselves not to be a son of God, by means of emulating Cain... who hated his brother... are we not obligated to show even that one... one who may be our 'enemy'... love... and continue praying for them?

True, we are not to LISTEN to everyone, but rather, 'test the inspired expression because not all inspired expressions originate with God.' So, we DO have ways to know, don't we?

This very issue that you've raised exists, however, because of religion's (and particularly the WTBTS') erroneous raising up above others of such ones, creating two or more classes and therefore 'dividing' God... and dividing the Christ: the whole 'who is anointed, who is not'... 'who is worthy; who is not'... 'who can be; who cannot'... 'who is 'right', who is 'righteous', who is not'... they look like this; they don't look like that'... 'that one can't be'... melarkey. But that is THEIR way... the way of the WORLD. Judging based on OUTWARD appearances. It is NOT, however, to be the way of the sons of God. Just as our Father does not judge based on outward appearances, as He is NOT 'partial' so that the man the fears him... and 'works righteousness'... is acceptable to Him. Thus, even appearance of 'madness' means nothing to HIM; neither should it to us.

As for the WTBTS, they SAY, "It is a matter between the person and God and not for anyone else to say...", yes? But then they turn right around and judge who is... and who is not... while saying that they don't. Thus, I repeat to you the words of my Lord as recorded at Matthew 23:3...

"All things they tell you, do and observe...
    but do not do according to THEIR deeds,
    for they say... but do not perform."

I hope I have been able to help you, FunkyD. For I have spoken it to you, just as I myself have heard and received it from my Lord, the Son of the Holy One of Israel, JAH OF ARMIES... whose name is JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH.

Again, I bid you peace.

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SJ

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    May I offer a suggestion? Unless it is OBVIOUS that one is not a son of God (as evidenced by his similarlity to Cain, borne out in 'hatred' for his 'brother'), and since ALL creation is awaiting the revealing of the sons of God, would it not behoove ALL of us to treat one another AS IF we were ALL Christ's brothers, anointed with holy spirit? Truly, what is the harm in doing so? Even if such one professes a different faith, what is the harm

What's the harm?Do you remember Robert Bryant, your friend who heard voices which you thought meant he was anointed? Do you remember how he killed his wife and children, and then himself?
    That's the harm.

--
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes. - Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Do you remember Robert Bryant

Yes, I do.

your friend who heard voices which you thought meant he was anointed?
    Methinks you err. I am the one who 'hears'. Robert had visions. Did such visions alone mean to me that he was anointed? No. It was his love that he showed toward me... coupled with my spirit bearng witness with his, coupled with what the visions entailed, as I had them as well.

Do you remember how he killed his wife and children, and then himself?
    Sigh! Unfortunately, yes, I do. I also think I mentioned my understanding of WHY he did so: NOT because he DIDN'T love them, but because he didn't want to give them up to the WTBTS. Was he 'right' in his decision? I don't think so. Does his decision show him to be like Cain? Again, I don't think so. Cain killed his brother out of jealousy... and cause no harm to himself. In fact, CAIN... asked to be protected from any harm that should come him as a RESULT of his action.

Now, unless YOU know something that the rest of us don't about why Robert did what he did, I would have to say that the two events are not similar. Can I justify what Robert did? No, and I don't intend to. An explanation is not necessarily a justification. Surely, you know that. I am neither Cain's 'judge'... nor Robert's. All I can do PERSONALLY... is pray for him [Robert] and ask for mercy. Which I have done.

That's the harm.
    Indeed, Robert did harm to others. May JAH have mercy on him; yet, may JAH's will be done... and not mine. In the meantime, however, in the times PRIOR to folks doing such things as this, my only 'debt' to them... is love. Up until someone harms me... or another... I have no grounds to wish anything 'bad' upon them. Let such one first PROVE himself to be 'like Cain'... just as the sons of God must PROVE themselves to be sons, too, by loving even those 'like Cain'.

Matthew 10:43-48

How do I know this? Because it is the 'pattern' my Lord set, when before he died (in the flesh) he asked my Father to FORGIVE even the very ones that killed HIM.

Peace to you.

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    Now, unless YOU know something that the rest of us don't about why Robert did what he did, I would have to say that the two events are not similar.

I don't, unfortunately, but for someone as loving as you say he was to murder his wife and children and then kill himself suggests mental illness. So again, how is it possible to tell whether his visions were just hallucinations, and whether the voices in your head are real or imaginary?

--

• AGuest
    AGuest
    for someone as loving as you say he was to murder his wife and children and then kill himself suggests mental illness.

Or fear. Or desperation. Or resignation. Or all three. And simply because one is experiencing such things at one point does NOT mean they did so at a previous point. PERHAPS he didn't understand what was happening to him, TRIED to explain it to people who SHOULD have understood (I mean, they profess to have or have been appointed BY holy spirit, yes?!)... and was ostracized and persecuted. Who was he to turn to? Who could he tell that would NOT think him 'mad'? Obviously, you do. Perhaps he himself began to BELIEVE it... and acted... well, accordingly. Hmmmmmm.....

People "kill" for all KINDS of reasons, FunkyD. Including mental... and SPIRITUAL... illness. If what you assert is TRUE, then, I would venture to say that the majority of mankind, then, suffers from mental illness. Because killing one another, heck, taking the life of other living creatures in general, whatever excuse or jusitification they give for it, happens every millisecond of every minute of every hour of every day.

You just perhaps happen to live in country were "killing" is "wrong" (oh, except in war... or maybe reciprocity... excuse me...). But may I remind YOU that there are many countries where a man can kill his mother or daughter just on principal? And I live in one where women kill (abort) their children on a nanosecond basis. And feel themselves QUITE 'normal'... and even justified. And many times, in both instances, there is neither fear, despair or resignation. It is just a simply matter of CONVENIENCE.

Yes, I think you are right: we are ALL of us 'mad'. Who, then, will SAVE us from these bodies undergoing this death? I leave you to ponder it... and again wish you peace...

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SJ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit