Jesus and the universal sovereignty issue

by Laika 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Rose Mary
    Rose Mary

Laika,

That was good scripture: " Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen?" to prove against Sovereignty issue.

This is another proof that JWs ignore scripture that is obviously against them!

• Badfish
    Badfish

Yeah, apparently, the accusing stopped when Satan was cast out of heaven:

"And I heard a loud voice in heaven say: 'Now have come to pass the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ, because the accuser of our brothers has been hurled down, who accuses them day and night before our God!'"

(Revelation 12:10)

Witnesses say this happened in 1914, but in Revelation, it takes place immediately after Jesus is caught up to heaven.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Funny about the universal sovereignty thing. In years of reading the bible cover-to-cover over and over again, I never found it stated in it. It's just some weird idea they latched onto by cherry picking a few scriptures, as Laika points out where he shows what a great chunk of scripture shows. The WT never uses great chunks of scripture though, just a few disparate ones from all over the bible. Great chunks blow their dogma out of the water.

• Laika
    Laika

Spot on Julia. Proverbs 27:11 is taken out of context. Read the whole chapter and you get no indication that God is speaking, instead it seems to be a request from a father to his son. Hardly something you should base a major doctrine on!

On another note, from that Society quote 'You can answer Satan’s challenge by living in a way that pleases God. What does this involve? The Bible answers: “You must love Jehovah your God with all your heart and all your soul and all your vital force.”' - This is hardly a simple request is it? No wonder so many JWs feel constantly guilty, I know I did.

• yadda yadda 2
  • S3RAPH1M
    S3RAPH1M

Theism is fascinating! Overall i suggest that all of you are free to think, whatever you want! Modular belief systems, if it doesn't make sense to you, set it aside for something better! You may or may not be correct, but at least you select, and you choose.

Think for yourselves, forever, and always.

• Ding
    Ding
    “People do not serve God because they love him,” Satan charged. ...... Satan thus argued that Job served God just for what he got in return.

These quotes are ironic, given that the WTS teaches that JWs have to work, work, work both now and later for 1000 years in order to get a reward of everlasting life instead of being annihilated.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit