A funny thing that happened to me today!!!

by mouthy 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• mouthy
    mouthy

I went to the Drug store to pick up my pills,
    as I came out. A beautiful black boy! ( about 20-22)
    was cleaning the windows.A very old lady passed by him
    & he gave her lovely smile showing his lovely white teeth.
    She walked to her car about four away from mine,& dropped her
    cane, purse & packets,this lad run over to her helped her pick
    all her stuff up, got her safely in her car...I was so impressed
    So I called out to him, he came to my window I said "Your smile is so
    encouraging for oldens like her & I,& you have a wonderful heart to
    go out of your way to be so kind" He said "THANK YOU!!!!I am one
    of Jehovahs Witnesses" I said "You are? well I was one for over 25 yrs,
    I made 10 people JWS,now none of my family can speak to me because
    I dont believe Jesus came invisably in 1914,that is what you believe?"

He said"! Yes! ----so I gave him my card & left...Poor sweet heart,he
    walked away .Dont know if he kept the card?

• label licker
    label licker

LOL! Mouthy did you tell him to go on JW Facts, JW Survey, Jw Net ect... Did you tell him that in the new system he won't be black anymore? Hope you had fun.

I was behind a JW at the grocery store and he wouldn't even say hi to me. Wait until we need to get his company in to do some work on our shop and we are going to tell his boss that his worker is not allowed on our property for we can't trust him. A conflict of interest. He's going around telling people that this one family who stopped going to their meetings aren't human beings.

The other day my hubby got witnessed to by a sister he had never met. When he told her his name she literally ran from him. Idiots!

Keep up the good work Grace. You should come over sometime and see how I telephone witness to others. You would love it!

• Laika
    Laika

Ha! Just as the guy thought he was about to get an assembly experience you had to go apostate on him.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Poor young man, if he doesn't get out, he will be washing windows for the rest of his life. "A mind is a terrible thing to waste," as they say.

• Zoos
    Zoos

"Your smile is so encouraging for oldens like her & I, & you have a wonderful heart to go out of your way to be so kind"

He said "THANK YOU!!!! I am one of Jehovahs Witnesses"

"I have a wonderful heart because I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses."

"I am nice to people because I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses."

You can't really fault a 20 yo for regurgitating the slime he's been fed his whole life, but even in my most indoctrinated state I never concluded my acts of kindness or humanity toward others was the result of being one of Jehovah's Witnesses. I was always pretty sure I was just a decent guy.

The boy responded according to the script. The script, on the other hand, reeks of polishing the outside of the cup. Being a Jehovah's Witness is at the root of kindness, humanity, or simple good nature?

Oh, good lord!

• Skbj
    Skbj

"was cleaning the windows" ...that should have been the sign.

When he introduced himself as a JW I bet he was getting ready to invite you to the KH this coming Sunday and meet more kind and loving people like him.

How sad that he doesn't recognise that he's probably a nice person regardless of whom he represents.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Why do JWs feel compelled to attribute all kind gestures to their religious training and not to their own kind nature? Of course JWs must be humble and can't take some merit for themselves. I have witnessed many selfless interventions and never did I hear the person say it was because he's Jewish or Catholic. Can't it just be that they are kind?

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well as a Jehovahs Witness I too used to do very kind things for the people I called on
    as a "HOOK" to convert them. I did hook a few!,Unfortunalty as a Christian I am a bit

leary of trusting anyone...I have been stung by a few who are supposed to be honest.
    I trust only in MY LORD & Saviour now.... My heart belongs to HIM!!!!

• scary21
    scary21

You will never hear another religion say that . Can you even imagine someone saying "Thank you, I'm a Roman Catholic" Just so creepy. I think you may have planted a little mustard seed....lol. Here is this very nice older lady that lost all her family because she doesn't believe in 1914. He is very young and as time goes by, he may have doubts about 1914 himself. He will think back to meeting you. Or who knows, they could change the date and you had your family taken away for nothing...............oh wait, that's right, you ran ahead of GOD...................Crazy.......Hugs to you !!!

Sherry

• jgnat
    jgnat

Good job, Mouthy!

Here's one for you,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MrPNrZgWGs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit