JWs are being told Watchtower is financially strapped because they forgave Kingdom Hall mortgages!

by PokerPlayerPhil 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

There is someone on another site (pro JW) saying that they will have to cut down on their fresh vegetables and groceries as that is the only place to make further savings to be able to make more donations. They have cut out cable TV and gone to basic internet but are finding JW TV to choppy so are sure Jehovah will understand if they go back up to a higher speed subscription. That will be part of their budget for "kingdom interests".

They are also thinking of cancelling or cashing in life insurance policies to further kingdom work. Jehovah is speeding up the work and "with Jehovah's day upon us, it's probably silly to be paying extra out of what little we already have for life insurance now that we are so close to the end".

They sign off with a...

"How blessed we are to be able to do so much for Jehovah and his organization"

That's the spirit the GB want to see, even if their example of spend, spend, spend on long term infrastructure projects is in direct contrast with the attitude of cutting back and cashing in 'cos the end is nigh!

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    I saw the same post as you. Someone posted a copy of it on Reddit. It read like it was full of sarcasm to me. I really hope it was someone being sarcastic or an exjw trolling.
  • brandnew
    brandnew

Would you build a multi-million dollar mansion on the beach, knowing that a tsunami is coming tomorrow?

GB are building, so NO TSUNAMI ! ! ! i mean armagheddon.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer
    tim3l0rdan hour agoI saw the same post as you. Someone posted a copy of it on Reddit. It read like it was full of sarcasm to me. I really hope it was someone being sarcastic or an exjw trolling.

I read the original post on jwtalk dot net. Sadly, the original poster was completely serious; no sarcasm. (Hopefully they still have money for Kool Aid.)
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard

Wait until they see how much they are hurting when the dollar becomes toilet paper. And no one is able to donate anything of value--precisely because the washtowel told them to not seek treasures on earth and they never developed any skills to earn silver with (and yes, at that time a silver dime will buy a week's worth of groceries but you will work your butt off for it).

My advice is, if you haven't seen an increase of real value from the washtowel, do not increase your donations. If they get nothing, they will realize that they are going to have to start putting out value in order to survive. And that "The end is coming" crap will not work since these religions have been pulling it for some 5,000 years in various forms. The end has failed to come in 5,000 years--Judaism has failed to produce the end, and Christi-SCAM-ity is just as bad. What has happened are collapses in currencies--numerous ones just since 1990. Russia, Argentina, Greece, Iceland, Yugoslavia, Cyprus, Zimbabwe--the list goes on. The US almost went kaput with the dollar in 2008, and this time it might not be "almost".

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Does your source know what it cost the WTBTS to have COs and their wives running around NOT WORKING LIKE THE APOSTLE PAUL?!?!?!

Maybe they should all have to work part time and contribute like everyone else? Maybe "Jeehoober" should decree that ALL COs be single from now on? That way there are no medical costs for aging females, with all their disgusting "lady business" that Eve caused.

While we're at it, why not have All the Elders wives get part time jobs so they can put more money in Jerkhobo's bank account??

DD

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Sounds to me that they have done this ploy before, so this tells me their not hurting just being greedy. More and more people are leaving religion and with the borg being over 100 years since the big 1914, maybe thier doing all this money grab stuff because they see the writing on the wall. 'less members in the future'.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

brandnew - "Would you build a multi-million dollar mansion on the beach, knowing that a tsunami is coming tomorrow?"

Nicely put.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit