Anointed Experience #2 - Contacting the FDS

by Amazing 15 Replies latest jw friends

• og
    og

Thanks Amazing, for your response. It helps quite a bit. I had the wrong impression that you were continuing to claim to be of the anointed, as the WS uses the phrase, while rejecting the WS. You corrected me and I appreciate it.

I am not convinced that the Bible is the inspired word of God ... though I remain a Christian in philosophy and culture and practice. It is because I am slightly more than totally stupid that I was able to wake up and leave the JW religion ... and abandon any organized religion.

I would say much the same. To me, Christ was an individual who a giant spiritual awakening of some kind, like the Buddha, Gandhi, Mohammed, Sri Ramana Maharshi and many, many others. I believe that Christ was relatively unlucky in the transmission of his teachings, because he died so quickly and because his teachings were quickly hijacked by the likes of Paul. You might enjoy "The Gospel According to Jesus" as translated by Stephen Mitchell, which uses the Jesus Seminar material in an attempt to distill Jesus' actual teachings out of the cruft added by others.
    My use of the word 'looniness' was intended as a contrast to your obvious reasonableness. I apologize for giving offense.

"Belief is the death of intelligence." R.A. Wilson

• Amazing
    Amazing

Thanks Og:

"My use of the word 'looniness' was intended as a contrast to your obvious reasonableness. I apologize for giving offense."

No offense taken. There is a tendency at times for confusion to take place in what is written. My reaction was largely based on another far more severa event that took place on this baord last Dec-Jan time frame. Some started accusing me of being a still-JW-Elder when I was denouncing the whole Watchtower Elder arrangement. When I asked them for what it is I said or did, they could only keep repeating allegations. It became somewhat frustrating.

So, I was just trying to be clear that when I talk about events as a JW, these are a minimum of ten years old (except for some of my Exit Series which ran upto 1995) ... and in no way do I support, condone, agree with, or desire to repeat again.

Currently, I am Disassociated, and have been so since July 1995. I walked away from the religion on May 1, 1992. So in just 9 more days I will get my Ten Year Aostate Pin. LOL

Anyway, thanks again for the good feedback.

• og
    og

A pin is available? Cool.

"Belief is the death of intelligence." R.A. Wilson

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

SompleSally made the comment,

I have known several anointed ones who felt the need to correspond with the Society. They felt that they should have been part of the group that directs the work.

The reason some feel this way is because the WTS has an ORAL TRADITION that tells JWs that this is how the organization works!

One reason I appreciate Amazing's articles so much is that they reveal some of these oral traditions.

• Englishman
    Englishman

So, then, I wonder if the 1975 prophesy went "up the line" from so-called anointed ones?

Englishman.

• og
    og

I don't think anything goes "up the line"; I think there is a special file for letters from rank and file anointed; a round one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit