Anointed Experience #2 - Contacting the FDS

by Amazing 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing
    Amazing

Marge was the mother of the JW man who brought me into the JWs. She had been a JW since the early 1950s, and attended the famous 1958 International Convention at Yankee Stadium/Polo Grounds in New York. Marge was a very lovely person, hospitable, kind, generous, non-judgmental, and always a faithful JW. She was what some might call the perfect JW woman. I think her nature as a Christian and as the unique person she is anyway made her the good person she is.

I started associating and studying in 1968 and was baptized in 1970, but did not partake right away. After I started partaking, it was rather an uneventful experience with respect to my relationship to fellow JWs in the congregation, and certainly nothing special with respect to the Watchtower Society. My being an MS and then Elder likely had some validating effect on my 'profession' to be Anointed, even though I was young in years, newer in the religion, and clearly baptized long after the famous cut-off date of 1935.

Marge asks the BIG question: One Sunday, after the meeting, I was walking out to my car and marge followed me out talking. As I was about to get into my car she said she had something to ask me. She asked is I had yet received any special insight from Jehovah, and if so, was I sharing this in correspondence with the Society?

I was stunned at the question: Here is good, kind JW woman, 25 - 30 years my senior, much more experienced in the JW religion than me, and she was wondering if I was sharing in the FDS work of directing the organization through the Governing Body - thus, in effect - helping to make rules, and refined teachings that would impact her life as a JW.

I had never before that even considered the connection that local 'Anointed' JWs were somehow supposed to be in contact with the FDS - providing insight, understanding, wisdom, and helping to direct the teaching and preaching work through the Governing Body. But her quesation made sense in light of official JW teaching that the whole body of 'Anointed', the FDS were collectively using the Governing Body as its 'mouthpiece.' WOW ... I started feeling overwhelmed.

My response to Marge: I said that I had not really received anything special from Jehovah, and had not volunteered anything to the Society, nor had they asked anything of me. I specualted that I was likely still too young and new as an 'Anointed' to be involved in such a serious responsibility. She agreed that my remarks made sense.

Then, she went on to ask that if I ever do receive any special insight from Jehovah that I share with the Society, she would like an advance 'bootleg' copy. She noted that in all her years as a JW she only personally sisters who were of the 'Anointed' and that I was the first male she personally knew ... so she figured that it would be fun to know something in advance from me so she culd eventually read it in the Watchtower ... then tell her friends that she knew me.

WOW ... this was a bittersweet experience: At the time, I felt more than honored that she would think to say such things ... but also it created in me the curiosity if I would ever get special insight, and then get to share that with the Society. Deep inside, though, I suspected that this would never be the case ... but her questions did make a milestone with me.

Marge would be very old by now, and may have already passed away. But, this sad feeling is still there for me, more so now as an ex-JW ... because once I read Ray Franz's books, and fully understood that the Society never seeks the advice of the collective 'Anointed (FDS) and that the whole concept is a fiction ... then here she was looking to me, an equally ignorant person for an answer to a fiction, whoi myself did not fully understand the fiction and could not give a better answer. What a sad religion, what a waste of time and talent to perpetuate a fantasy fiction thinking it was true and real.

It is moments like these, small innocent events, that stuck with me most in my experiences as a JW or in this case, my status as an 'Anointed' JW Elder.

Experience #3 will be funny and likewise somewhat sad.

• simplesally
    simplesally

I have known several anointed ones who felt the need to correspond with the Society. They felt that they should have been part of the group that directs the work.

It also seemed that some didn't feel they could talk to GC'ers about their feelings and wanted that connection to other anointeds.

Don't know what kind of response they got though.... well, the younger ones, I mean. The older ones I knew knew GB members and others at Bethel for a long time so they sometimes picked up the phone called them to talk.

• Liquidizer
    Liquidizer

Yes, Amazing, I have made the following conclusions what it comes to the issue you brought up:

---

Speech of the faithful and discreet slave –class as a group provider of the spiritual nourishment in due time is not true. The other anointed ones outside of the Governing Body don’t have any defined role in regard to the drawing up of the teachings of the organisation where as the members of the great crowd are at the same time participating in the writing process and are thereby indirectly affecting to the teachings. The anointed ones do not choose the members of the Governing Body from among themselves but on the contrary the Governing Body chooses the suitable persons to its members according to its pleasing.

The organisation = faithful and understanding slave –class = Governing Body = cult over the croup of persons? It is often spoken about the Governing Body in the very praising and appreciating tone as if it would be somehow in the supernatural direction, even though it consists of imperfect men.

----

L.

This is the end of the world
    As we know it
    And I feel fine

-R.E.M.

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

In the congregation in Wooster, we had five partakers. One was an elder, another a ministerial servant, another was a woman, and for the life of me, I cannot remember who the other two were.

The elder and I often talked about many things. He even showed me his collection of old literature, careful to make sure I would not be offended when I saw pictures of the bethelites celebrating Christmas. I was not, I knew they had and that the teaching changed later. It was no big deal to me.

One time we had a conversation about how the Annointed R&F FDS were able to communicate their insights that Jehovah had given them, to the GB, particularly sisters. He suggested that for instance a sister might say something out in a car group. This makes its way to the elders of her hall. Who discuss it with the COs who do with the DOs and so on up the line, it gradually makes its way into the hands of the GB who then publish it. It was amusing to speculate and of course I was in awe that Jehovah was so able to accomplish something, yet another proof that he was directly the organization.

Of course the fact is that the entire concept is a fiction and rather convoluted fiction at that. It never crossed our minds in that conversation, that had the imagined sister said something in a car group, that was contrary to current 'truth', she may well have ended up disfellowshipped.

Still, I enjoyed it at the time and do not regret the experience in the least.

• Liquidizer
    Liquidizer

Oh, what a terrible translation... hopefully you can understand what I mean...

L.

This is the end of the world
    As we know it
    And I feel fine

-R.E.M.

• og
    og

Amazing - very likely you've addressed this before, in which case please direct me to the appropriate thread. Basically, I'm curious about you. Your long series of autobiographical postings was probably the finest thing I've read on this board, and I have a definite impression of you as intelligent and reasonable. otoh, professing to be of the anointed equals looniness to me unless you are using this phrase in a distinctly different manner than the WS does... in which case, why not use some other phrase? So, what does being anointed mean to you? Are you going to heaven, and others are not? Is your relationship with the divine different in nature than that of us "non'anointed" or only in intensity? You see what I'm getting at.

Hygh... do you do anything but type?

"Belief is the death of intelligence." R.A. Wilson

• singsongboi
    singsongboi

i do not think this GB thing is unique ---

something similar exists in all (and all would be) totalitarian organisations.

all these groups from the catholic church and other religous bodies, to various communist parties of the world and even in some business organisations, are run by a bunch of self-perpetuating, old men, who because of their (unfortunate, to them) mortality, become self-replicating through the appointment of those who aspire to that position.

the replacements go through the hard process of learning how to survive the changes of policy and thought that occurr within these groups, of how to attract attention without appearing to be what my boifriends culture call "arse-fanners" -- for that is sudden death to advancement ambitions. it brings a certain contempt from those on higher rungs, tho they are quite happy to use the arse fanners and advance them in limited ways.

so never knock those who reach these exalted heights. they are very special humans.

it's just sad that in the process -- they find that they have lost their humanity and become.....".........", and any use they may have been to the rest of us, will have ben lost for ever

you can fill in the missing word to suit your own feelings!!!!!!!

• Amazing
    Amazing

Og:

"I have a definite impression of you as intelligent and reasonable."

Thanks.

"otoh, professing to be of the anointed equals looniness to me unless you are using this phrase in a distinctly different manner than the WS does... in which case, why not use some other phrase?"
    I started associating with the JWs in 1968, baptized in 1970, and a few years later started partaking (though I privately believed I was anointed priort to partaking.)

It was a "belief" not any looniness ... much luke some people believe in God, whomever She/He/It is ... they love the tribal fantasy of thinking there is some big guy who will reward them for doing good in life. Loonieness is when you do extreme things in the name of a belief, like dying from lack of a blood transfusion, or driving airplanes into tall buildings.

I no longer believe in the JW religion. I left it almost ten years ago. I am not convinced that the Bible is the inspired word of God ... though I remain a Christian in philosophy and culture and practice. It is because I am slightly more than totally stupid that I was able to wake up and leave the JW religion ... and abandon any organized religion.

"So, what does being anointed mean to you? Are you going to heaven, and others are not? Is your relationship with the divine different in nature than that of us "non'anointed" or only in intensity? You see what I'm getting at."
    Christians properly believe they will go to heaven. Anointing is one of many simple features that """ALL""" Christians enjoy, at least those who are firm believers that Jesus Christ is the son of God and died for their sins.

For me in the year 2002, and for the last several years since leaving the JWs: I place no thought or feeling about anointing. I do not think of myself as any kind of anointed. When I spe3ak of anointed, it is in a historical sense going back ten or more years when I was still a JW. I have no thoughts of heaven or necessarily of exactly who God is.

IT IS ONLY JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES WHO MAKE A BIG DEAL OF ANOINTING: Only they create this special classification, and separate reward system and having seats at the Divine Conference Table for Heavenly CEO's. (There are some small groups who have similar teachings, but the JWs are the most widely known for this weird treatment of the term 'Anointed.'

What you are getting at: Is that you are not really reading the material I write, or you would understand that I wrote in a historical sense, talking about how things were 10,15, 20 or more years ago.

Those here who know me well, know that I am reasonable, and not given to position or titles ... I was originally drawn to the JWs because they said that they had no clergy, and all were equal ... but over the years I found that they were just as bad and in some ways worse than big churches like the Roman Catholic religion. So, I left ... for were I interested in titles and position, I would have stayed and worked my way further up the organization.

Hope this helps.

• Bang
    Bang

Wow, it seems that the org did a good job on anticatholic / antiworld propaganda.

just as bad and in some ways worse than big churches like the Roman Catholic religion
    and
    all these groups from the catholic church and other religous bodies, to various communist parties of the world and even in some business organisations, are run by a bunch of self-perpetuating, old men
    All the religious; but only various communist parties and some businesses ?

The GB are a bunch of arseholes who are simply wrong, yet people fall for it, it just a fact. Leaders of the world's major religions may not always be right but I wouldn't be comparing them to the GB - they're in a league of their own when it comes to misinformation, lies and cover ups - well maybe some communist groups.

Bang

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Thanks again for Experience#2. I found it facinating. Very few have really given much thought as to how the R&F anointed share in the dispensing of spiritual food. Obviously they do absolutely nothing at all organizationally but prop up a fictitious arrangement.

I suspect the rumoured changes to the definition of who constitutes the FDS are likely intended to stave off future claims by your R&F annointed ones to positions of dispensing "spiritual food" and keeping those positions for those designated by the Society.

Path

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit