The December 2013 study WT is up at JW.org

by Mickey mouse 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

It's becoming like North Korea or Stalinist USSR.

• cedars
    cedars

Recycling fear-mongering imagery?

apostates

Cedars

• zound
    zound

Good job picking that up.

Damage control for upcoming bad publicity. That picture so reminds me of 1984.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley
    Regular version is now available for download...

WT got a heads up that the regular edition was not on JW.Org after perusing JWN and reading the posts about it. LOL.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

How important it is that we do not let ourselves be deceived into accepting as truth questionable ideas and wild speculation! - w2013, 12/15, p. 2

Oh good, then I'll be careful so as to NOT be deceived by accepting any of the bullsh*t "New Light!" questionable ideas and wild speculation in the July 15, 2013 Watchtower.

Thanks for the heads-up, WT.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Cedars, good catch noticing the reuse of the "apostates on TV" image.

It's not exactly doctrinally significant, but it does show that so much of this nonsense is recycled, rehashed, warm-ed over "spiritual junk food."

Actually, it's worse than that; it's poison!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

What is now chapter 2 of this letter (2 Thessalonians) reveals that some in that congregation had become “excited” about Jehovah’s day to the point that they believed that its arrival was then imminent. - w2013, 12/15, p. 7, para. 5 - [Emphasis added]

So Paul had to straighten out the Thessalonians because they MISTAKENLY believed that "Jehovah's Day" was imminent.

To set matters straight, Paul under inspiration explained that a great apostasy and “the man of lawlessness” were to appear before Jehovah’s day. - ibid, para. 6

And yet the WTBTS has been mistakenly publishing the same error for over 100 years!

How ironic that they can publish this and don't even realize it only highlights their own errors and mistakes.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

We do well to ask ourselves: ‘How much do I love the truth? Do I keep up-to-date with our present understanding as set out in the pages of this magazine and other Bible-based publications provided for the worldwide congregation of God’s people?’ - w2013, 12/15, p. 8, para. 6 - [Emphasis added]

Ok, guys! Which is it you want me to do? Should I "love the truth" or "our present understanding" because they CLEARLY are not the same thing!!!

I'm so confused!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

How important it is that we do not let ourselves be deceived into accepting as truth questionable ideas and wild speculation! - w2013, 12/15, p. 2

Did you mean things like this?

WT 8/1/1974

Many Now Living Will Never Die This is no wild assertion. There are sound reasons to believe it. The Watchtower regularly points to these Bible-based reasons. To receive 24 issues for a year, a copy twice a month, and the 416-page book God’s Kingdom of a Thousand Years Has Approached, send just $2. Please send a year’s subscription for The Watchtower and the hardbound book God’s Kingdom of a Thousand Years Has Approached; also send the gift booklets “This Good News of the Kingdom,” “Look! I Am Making All Things New,” and Divine Victory—Its Meaning for Distressed Humanity. Enclosed is $2. Remember the definition of truth from the God's Word Is Truth DC!

The CO at the " God's Word is Truth " DC, defined truth.

The truth = Truthful understanding of God's Word.

Truth:

1) God's Word and Christ's teachings are "truth."

2) Truth= verifiable facts.

3) Does not change. Real truth remains truth. In the " world " truth changes. Man's predictions are often wrong.

4) The prophets never stated probabilities or assumptions. Truth is free of speculations and assumptions.

5) The truth cannot contradict other " truth." Only one can be right.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Interstingly in page 16 the WT makes a review through questions of the latest doctrines and advice, which pretty much are the article that have been discussed here. The WT wants to make sure that R&F reallly remembers and understands. Have they done tha before?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit