The December 2013 study WT is up at JW.org

by Mickey mouse 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Stealth
    Stealth

Just a few years back it was hoped and speculated that after the old guard GB members died off that the next generation of younger GB might get more liberal. It seems that just the opposite is what is actually happening.

This type of paranoid propaganda may have worked better before the interenet. I think however that in the long run it will work against the desired results that they seek.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Wow just WOW, so now each rank and file member is told to be on the look out for members not speaking the party line. I see a lot of people getting brought before a fact finding committee over suspicious behavior at the Kingdom hall speaking his mind over something that is considered either speculative or the least bit critical about the Governing Body or the corporation's policies.

If ever someone attending our congregation meetings would try to entice us into discussions of personal speculations or critical conversations, we should definitely be on guard.— 2 Thess. 3:13-15 .

Wow they only have room for praising the Organization no desputing, no different ideas can be expresses, if someone say one negative thing about the study material, or Corporation they can be marked for life and subject of untold gossip about some negative comment. Wow what an oppressive environment there is in the so called "spiritual paradise" everybody has now to watch his back and speech, one slip could make you wind up with some zealous elders on your tail.

• blondie
    blondie

I only get it in Large Print....something wrong?

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

"There are no laws in Oceana..." --1984, George Orwell

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin
    If ever someone attending our congregation meetings would try to entice us into discussions of personal speculations or critical conversations, we should definitely be on guard.— 2 Thess. 3:13-15 .

This will also come in handy for the Governing Body as they start flipping real estate and coercing the R&F to give more of their money, assets, and time. Since nobody is allowed to speak critically of anything the Organization does it will be easier to keep conversation at KHs and other meetings among members always the party line. Allowing them more time to liquidate assets without any suspicions voiced by the R&F.

Especially now that the Corporation is get all this free labor for quick builds and other building projects which they latter will sell to bring in money into the corporation they want to keep impoper speculation and critical voices silenced so they can do their dirty work longer and with less interference, before the mass exodus starts.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

So I'm guessing the Boreans would be stoned to death for Apostacy if they came before today's current Governing Body and dared to question a single thing that the Governing Body said?? So much for the Apostle Paul's praise of the Boreans in Acts 17, or his sound advice found in 1 Thessalonians 5:21, where he stated to, "Prove all things, hold fast to which is good." So if you test something, and it proves to be "not good", I'm assuming Paul wouldn't have held fast to it? He'd kick Garrett Loesch's NFL ass for sure!!!

This is a whole new level of paranoia, but seems to fall directly in line with the buidling of the new Lakeshore "compound" in upstate NY. I predict the next crazy idea will be for members to sell their belongs, move to upstate NY, and build new homes and towns ala Jonestown, and live out the remaining Time of the End.

I thought the one really crazy comment was this:

"We are nearing the outbreak of the Great Tribulation and the end of this wicked system..........."

Really? AGAIN? Says who? Even JESUS doesn't know "the day or the hour", but somehow these clowns are privy to YHWH's timeline? How close, immenent, SOON is it THIS time? They lay on the fear, before they bark out the orders. Fear is the greatest motivator, and these manipulative fear-mongers are the Masters of it. So much for "Christian Love" being the great motivator, huh? Anyone speaking any utterance different than what the Governing Body speaks, is of Satan himself. This is absolutely sickening, what a mind-f*ck they are pulling on everyone!

- Wing Commander

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

You wanna really play with these guys on the GB? Just find out which congregation they go to and then send at regular interval different persons to go up to him and express something critical not too critical but sort of like a baiting him type of critical. If a couple people did this it would make them so paranoid they would perhaps make an all out effort to squash any imagined danger, going to God knows what extreme.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

"The endeavor to compel all men to think alike on all subjects, culminated in the great apostasy; The union of the early church, based upon the simple gospel and bound only by love, gave place to the bondage of the Church of Rome a slaveryof God's children, from the degradation of which multitudes are still weak and suffering" -Zion's Watch Tower 1893 Sep p.264

I used to make fun of CTR in a mean spirited way in the past. Then I realized that I can't judge him. Then I went back to making some jokes, because if CTR really did his best and made it to Heaven, then he has to be laughing at some of the things he wrote. I mean, come on. A prophecy that involves Hoboken!! LOL!! That's hilarious!!

I seriously wonder if statements like the above are the REAL reason that CTR has been kicked to the curb. JWs are very forgiving about "expectations", but the current leadership cannot want the sheep seeing the huge gulf between CTR's view on organization vs the era of "Da Judge" up to our current day.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley
    I only get it in Large Print....something wrong?

The spiritually blind need large print.

DD: I seriously wonder if statements like the above are the REAL reason that CTR has been kicked to the curb. JWs are very forgiving about "expectations", but the current leadership cannot want the sheep seeing the huge gulf between CTR's view on organization vs the era of "Da Judge" up to our current day.

I've felt this way ever since the 7/15/13 WT was released. The WT certainly cannot keep Russell in a position of theological/organizational importance when his views and attitude was so diametrically opposed to Rutherford and the string of tyrants that followed him.

Although Russell clearly had some wacky ideas, I do not think he was evil, simply sincere but misguided. From Rutherford on the WT has been ruled by spiritual thugs. Acknowledging Russell's views makes it impossible to justify the heavy-handed tactics of modern-day WT.

• cedars
    cedars

Regular version is now available for download...

http://download.jw.org/files/media_magazines/22/w_E_20131215.pdf

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit