AGM 5 OCTOBER 2013 (UNOFFICIAL RUMORS)

by WatchTower87 293 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Viewed over 21,000 times! Wow.

• Indian Larry
    Indian Larry

There are tons of free voice recording apps for the iPhone. If anyone is going just go to the iTunes store (or Android market), and get it. Then just make sure you have some free space on your phone and turn the recorder on when the meeting starts. You can turn the screen off and just set the phone on either your book bag or put it in the front pocket of your shirt (upside down so the mike is pointed up).

You might want to stop the recording between talks etc. Then just upload the file to sendspace and post a link here. Whoever can do this will be a superhero to many on this forum!

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Well, here is a flavour of what is being said on JWTalk...

They are LAPPING it up...

Jasmin, interesting thought ~ wonder if they get nervous...

if they ever lose sleep over the many workings of our worldwide

organization and the role they hold in this time of the end...

they always appear so calm and cool B)

will be praying for all you dear friends

also for those 8 very special ones tonite :pray::heart:

Hmmm. It was announced Sunday we would get more information tonight at our mid week meeting. It is going to be day after tomorrow! Now, isn't this the most exciting thing!!! We get to be a part of theocratic history.
    I strongly suspect my friend, the iPad will not be doing duty come Saturday morning.
    So much effort has to have been put in by our brothers. Lots of prayers of thanks will go to Jehovah, and also prayers asking for his help in this gigantic event.

The hours are not too bad. Sort of like a circuit assembly. Our, " intermission" is song an announcements. I want to say a letter was read last night. Not so. Just the time, place, and publishers, baptized or not are invited. I was waiting for them to say something about electronic devices. Nothing was said. The sister I ride with to the meetings and I talked it over. I had decided not to bring my iPad. She said if you don't bring it, and are allowed to use it, you will be sorry. She is right. I have a purse that is designed to carry an iPad, discreetly. I will use that purse. But, even taking it into the hall makes me squimish. I will think about it.
    I wish all of us could be trusted to take notes, electronically, and not record. If that is the GB's decision, no recording. I know if I recorded against protocol, I would almost feel apostate. It would take so much from what is going on. To me, it would be like being an invited guest, and then stealing from the host.
    There was an assumption that the program would be broadcasted. Like for ones who sit in their vehicles and listen to the meetings. I thought to myself, I do not think that will happen.
    Tomorrow is the day! It is so exciting! Travel safe everyone! Listen, obey, and be blessed!

so true. Br Splane spoke at our DC last month.

his last talk went long. afterward his closing prayer went long.

then he & his wife hung around talking with us...

we were so late getting out of the Sundome.

yet no one was complaining

:wub:

We will be watching a video re-run on Sunday morning (UK).

I look forward to something new coming out. But what if it was something totally unxepected?

Not that i am expecting anything like these hypothetical suggestions, but for arguments sake, what it they announce:

1) an extensive rewrite of the Bible,

2) Bringing back seven day conventions

3) a new ("way-out") scriptural thought, such as the 24 elders being literal, or the sign of the son of man being a literal visible manifestation of Jesus

4) Armageddon is coming in 2014,

5) Reintroducing a third weekly meeting

Wouldnt that be something

I honestly think that it must be a very important and historic meeting that they want put out there within 24 hours.... so exciting

too exciting! :ecstatic:

earlier this week I asked the brothers if those in asst living/ hospice/ stay-at-home elderly

would be able to phone in to listen to AM.

they said prob not. :(

then this afternoon, they phoned me with the dial-in # and the code! >:D<

so now our dear fragile ones will also join in the feast of the worldwide brotherhood!! :grouphug:

I went to visit each of them and they are so very excited too!

our elders came through! they do so much :flowers:

• factfinder
    factfinder

Thank you konceptual99 !

They certainly seem filled with anticipation and excitement over this "historic" annual meeting.

But aside from the announcement/release of the new edition/revision of the nwt it will probably be a let down. Still most jws will still act as if it was the greatest meeting they have ever attended.

But oddly, even I feel extremly curious about what will be mentioned and released. If I was still an active believing witness I'd be attending this with great anticipation too.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

A few of my family and friends are really trying to get me to this meeting tomorrow.

In Australia the meeting is 3 hours long and many congregations will have projectors set up to display it on.

I am curious, but there is no way I will be attending. I have not been witnessing in 12 months and have not been to a meeting since March.

• zound
    zound

Good work 2+2=5, it's probably best not to interupt your fade for morbid curiousity- you may regret it later.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Sent you a pm zound.

• AuntConnie
    AuntConnie

Where did the Urban Legend emerge it was Grape Kool-Aid instead of Grape Flavor-Aid invented in 1923? Game Show Trivia, 99% of the trivia players of one website got this fact wrong. We are becoming like You-Know-Who when we get our facts wrong. The Witnesses are going to bore themselves to death, it's the second photo showing how board they got before they drank the Flavorade to stop the pain!

"Without question, however, the strange interregnum that followed what was remembered as the Kool-Aid cataclysm of Jonestown (an inaccurate part of what has become the legend of Jonestown; it was actually Grape Flavor-Aid laced with cyanide) was a time that unhinged all of San Francisco, including Dan White, the recently resigned member of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors." sfgate.com

... FILE--Bodies are strewn around the Jonestown Commune in Jonestown, Guyana where more than 900 members of the People's Temple committed suicide in Nov. 1978. The Rev. Jim Jones urged his disciples to drink cyanide-laced grape punch. Jones, who was among those who died, led the Peoples Temple, which ran a free clinic and a drug rehabilitation program.(AP Photo/file) 1978 file photo

• zound
    zound

I think most people know it wasn't actually kool aid - but refering to it as kool aid is pretty much widely understood.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

This from JwTalk...

Hi all had preparation meeting today, all publishers 5 yo and up, will receive a sealed confidential envelope a hour into meeting after Geoffrey Jackson part.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit