TRUTH BE TOLD - new film on JWs previewing tomorrow night (Thursday) at Laemmle's in Los Angeles!

by Dogpatch 16 Replies latest jw friends

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

I just found out. Does it start 7:30.Sharp? Any other showings?

• Dagney
    Dagney

It's starting!!

• never a jw
    never a jw

I was there. Good movie. My only observation is that women were underrepresented. Women are the majority, they do the heavy lifting in the preaching work, they are the most devout, and they also are the greatest influence on children, especially when they marry non believers. I think their voice can carry even more power than the voice of "those men", who are often inclined to do the wrong thing (have fun, sex, drink, party, go wild), and therefore have convenient reasons for leaving the organization. Men's voice come stronger in the doctrinal and historical aspects because many have been elders, but the issues of the movie were more on the emotional side, the area where women can carry more weight

Hey Randy,

Yesterday I wanted to talked to you after the movie, but you were always busy. My interest in approaching you was to offer some help. My stregths are:

Spanish is my first language and also the language that I used in my education from K to the final year of college.

Also, given the business that I am in, I can help you produce printing at a very low cost. I will try sending a PM.

I live in the east part of the S.F. Valley

• Dagney
    Dagney

It was a really good movie, nicely presented, really wasn't what I expected. It was accurately portrayed life growing up as a JW with honesty and humor about the craziness of it all.

Please support this movie when it comes to your city. It isn't a downer or "in your face" production, like many tend to be, IMO. I don't think it is offensive to anyone, including a current JW. It speaks the truth that cannot be denied.

@never a jw: It is probably quicker to reach Randy at [email protected] or through his website. Glad you could make it last night.

The movie will be in Portland next, then Seattle and Phoenix. Please come and see it...very well done.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

What's the reason for using TRUTH and KINGDOM for the magazine titles?

If they aren't accurate in that, what other doctrinal blunders did they make?

How many were in the audience? 6? 25?

They've got a real genius marketing plan.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I missed what Gregorio said about the title of the mags when he was talking about it. It was on purpose, don't really call that a blunder. We all knew what they were and no one had an issue with it.

There were no doctrinal issues discussed in the video, so no "other blunders."

Probably about 100 were there.

The director has limited funds, but there are future plans for the movie and its marketing. It is very well done and that cost money that they need to recoup. I'm sure they will. It's quality and I think it will have legs.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Yeah, I was thnking about those magazine titles. I speculate that they want to avoid any possibility of a dispute over copyrights infringement or something of that nature.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit