RED ALERT FOR JULY 15TH STUDY on SUNDAY!

by The Searcher 55 Replies latest watchtower bible

• prologos
    prologos

the last line in Par. 7 reads in part:"---cleans the sons of Levi," the anointed ones. so,

WT doctrines has it that all the anointed are THE spiritual Israel of God, the twelve tribes.

in par 7 it is only the Tribe of Levi as in Rev 7: 7.*** so:

is not WT tacidly here admitting that all christians make up the total 12 tribes, the Israel of God ?

the sealed anointed the invisible minority?

that we "ins" are not "bah bah black sheep" only having wool, but

spiritual ISRAELITES?

ignore off topic: getting 777 in a row on Friday the 13 is good numerology.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

apocalypse: So, why the hell would Jesus appoint them over everything on earth just before they drop dead?

You're trying to make sense of nonsense. It doesn't work?

It must be because of things like this that the WT Writers came out in the new December 15th WT with the instructions to avoid anyone that speculates or asks questions!!!

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Searcher:

In connection with Revelation 5:9, 10 -

I wonder if we might have been influenced by the Society too much. The tendency is to link these verses only with the 144,000 mentioned in chapter 7 and 14.

But 5:9, 10 has verbal echos to Exodus 19:6 (which was a national assignment, not a levitical or Aaronic assignment) as well as Daniel 7, where 'the holy ones are given the kingdom.' (same as the sheep in Mt 25)

If you just read verse 9, it would describe all Christians, not just a small segment of them. Note how 7:15 describes the great crowd performing priestly or levitical duties.

Verse 10 might be describing all Christians who would, collectively, 'rule over the earth.'

The "over" (epi) would not necessarily be describing location as much as position (as in authority). Compare the same use of epi in Rev 9:11 where it is used of position 'over' rather than 'upon.'

Another thing that skews the understanding is the NWT's proclivity for rendering Basileuo (#936) as 'reign as kings.' This is not unique. Some other translations render 5:10 this way, but most do not (See here). It can mean being a king. But it can also have the idea of being predominent in, say, a kingdom. "Reign as kings" might be somewhat of an overtranslation, or even an unnecessary repitition, that gives our English minds a too specific meaning for a word that can have a broader usage, especially in 5:9, 10 where it is the group that 'reigns.' (It would be interesting to hear what Leolaia would comment on this - maybe she has. I'll have to try a search on it.)

Anyways, this is just an idea that was prompted by your comments above.

Take care

• apocalypse
    apocalypse

A sister asked me last Sunday what I thought about the Watchtower study. I gave her an earful. I explained that I have known this information for over 15 years. I bet she wasn't expecting that.

At dinner with a witness couple this week found the topic arise. So we discussed it. Again, they were not counting on what they heard.

Also this week, a sister, on the edge already, asked my wife about it. She heard some good points.

And tonight, another sister called my wife, and yup, she was confused about the whole thing. Specifically she said the charts were a nightmare. So another sister got to hear 'the word of truth'...

Now, Watchtower doesn't want anybody to talk about anything. Like Hitler did. Was Hitler successful? I think not.

Does Watchtower really think it can controll all the conversations everywhere? They are stinkin' daft.

To anyone out there who still goes to the hall or talks to witnesses, if you can highlight one simple thing to grind them.

Point out on the charts that the 'slave' get's its 'appointment' just before death.

It's right there in the charts. See my post above.

If you have time, add that they are 'appointed' over the preaching work only then, immediately before death. (see the Org. book)

So, once the preaching work is done, just before Armageddon, they get to take the lead in it! LOL... and DIE!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

That is pretty crazy when you think about it. For 93+ years the FDS was entrusted with all the Kingdom interests of the Master, which included whatever physical holdings needed to spearhead the all important rescue work of preaching the good news. In fact, the #1 reason for trusting the FDS "class"..ahem...was that Jesus trusted them with all his belongings!! That may be in the OD book too. Now they are NOT entrusted with all the Master's belongings, only the feeding of the domestics. They are not to " Lord it over " the domestics because they are not placed over them yet.

So they are entrusted with ALL the Master's belongings and then raptured?!?! According to current light, they are not caught up in the air and obscured by a cloud as Jesus was. They must die. Why they won't believe that they could be caught away just like Jesus was is beyond me..

So during the upcoming GT [ all hell breaking loose because of their corruption and pedophilia/ UN, OSCE/ Hedge fund/ breaking the law in Australia/ media exposure ] will the GB/FDS get "raptured" to their underground faciltiy that they are desperately trying to finish? Will the " Jonodabs " run the show during the unknown length of the GT? Seriously what are these guys planning?

• apocalypse
    apocalypse

Trying to figure out what I might say at today's Witchtower study. So much to choose from, but I think I'm going to try to use the charts. Point out somehow how the "slave" is appointed at death. Draw the two charts together. Well, even if I can't get a word in at the study, I am still going to use this over and over and over to disturb the dubbers. Such hypocrisy and contradiction cannot be let go by the wayside.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit