RED ALERT FOR JULY 15TH STUDY on SUNDAY!

by The Searcher 55 Replies latest watchtower bible

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

In the very first paragraph, Matthew 13:38 is to be read - "the field is the world; as for the fine seed, these are the sons of the kingdom; but the weeds are the sons of the wicked one.."

Jesus speaks of only two groups, so if you accept the WTBTS "anointed" doctrine, then if you haven't got the "heavenly hope", then you've got no hope!

Simply put, there aren't any 'other sheep' members of Jesus' "one flock" mentioned, unless of course theyare also "sons of the kingdom", but of course, that would be ridiculous!!

• baltar447
    baltar447

My unicorn's mane is purple, not green. You sir, are wrong!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

It makes you wonder if just a glimmer of Noo Lite may not be announced at this years AGM that all are in some way "Sons of the Kingdom" whilst keeping the Top Jobs here on earth and in future up in Heaven, for the GB only.

Or, more likely Searcher ? they just have not thought this through ?

• Fernando
    Fernando

The truth is a lot simpler than "The Truthâ„¢".

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Hi Phizzy -

I was just saying to my better half a few days ago, that after the Bethel speaker referred to "the upcoming historicAnnual Meeting in October", it would not surprise me to hear that the GB have "discerned" that all dedicated, baptized publishers are part of the New Covenant, and as such, should partake of the Memorial emblems, rather than just being voyeurs at a non-event for earthly-hopers!

That would remedy the problem of the increase of partakers each year.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Phizzy: Or, more likely Searcher, they just have not thought this through ?

You made me laugh! Every time these GB genuises "think through" one of their whacky doctrines they snarl it up even worse. For example, what kind of a nut job would come up with the insane idea of an "overlapping generation" and even consider it for more than a moment?

Look carefully at the picture below and answer: How many generations do you see?

Say the first thing that comes to mind.

One "Overlapping Generation"

• If you said "One Overlapping Generation" then congratulations!!! You are a faithful Witness for Jehovah.
    • If you said "Four" then I'm sorry but I've got bad news, you are a "mentally diseased" apostate!

• losingit
    losingit

Well, if everyone is going to be able to partake- - what are they going to do with a df'd or da'd that partakes? I'll show up and partake 10 times. Drink the whole glass. Whatever, this religion --CULT-- is a bunch of b.s. At least Catholicism has some philosophical history.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think too that if they have such a gleam of new light, they may solve some problems yes, but for long time JW's it would raise so many difficult questions.

Not least "why has this only been realised now ?"

I will not be surprised if the AGM is a damp squib in reality, but that they have some tremendous hype about the nearness of the End.

The only End that is near to the GB is their own rear-end where they pull all this nonsense from.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley
    Or, more likely Searcher ? they just have not thought this through ?

When has forethought ever been a factor in Watchtower's theology?

• caliber
    caliber

In the very first paragraph, Matthew 13:38 is to be read - "the field is the world; as for the fine seed, these are the sons of the kingdom; but the weeds are the sons of the wicked one.."

Jesus speaks of only two groups, so if you accept the WTBTS "anointed" doctrine, then if you haven't got the "heavenly hope", then you've got no hope!

A simple yet most profound observation thanks so much

Galatians 3:26-28

26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is [a] neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Romans 8:
    1 For all who are led by the spirit of God are sons of God. 15.For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, 'Abba! Father!' 16.The spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,

Romans 8:9 The two tiers (or contrast ) are between the fleshly man and the spiritual man ..not heaven and earth

New International Version (NIV)

9 You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit