Members who spam threads with the same post over and over

by Apognophos 28 Replies latest forum suggestions

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

How do you guys feel about someone who gets an idea in his head that we want to hear the same phrase, often a nonsensical one, repeated in a dozen or more threads which may not have anything to do with the phrase in question? It seems to me that we already have a Rule, #5, about this.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

This is where an ignore button would come in handy.

• Comatose
    Comatose

You mean the "New Yaughts"? I don't understand it, and its very annoying.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

I have noticed a supply of these kinds of posts lately. Not that they really bother me, because now that I am aware I don't even bother reading any of it. I just think it makes the poster look a little silly.

I can't really talk, 99% of the stuff I post is just as stupid and irrelevant, just not as repetitive.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Comatose: It's been several phrases that come and go like fads (in his own head), but the annoyingly-misspelled one you mentioned was a glaring example, yes. Sometimes he posts these phrases in rapid succession to a series of threads.

• caliber
    caliber

2+2 =5 I agree some things just don't add up right , I agree hahahahahaha!

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

New Yaughts is funny to me. Narcissistic. Self important. Why do I enjoy it? Don't know why, but I do!!

It's harmless.

And if Narcissistic Supply means 'Yachts' ( which I think he does) it makes his Tag Line even funnier.

If that was all he posted, then yeah it would be annoying, but he contributes.

And why care? As long as he is not derailing threads.

I enjoy a good tag line!!!

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Rip – He may contribute but I doubt many read what he writes because of all his stupid spamming comments.

It is extremely annoying.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

To each his own.

Different strokes for different folks.

Like I said, it doesnt bother me. If the purpose is to derail a thread then that's different. If it's a comment that adds a little lightness, I don't see the harm.

Maybe my idea of what spam is and isn't is different. I see NS's lines as inane and inoffensive.

• Comatose
    Comatose

I don't find them offensive and he is a nice guy. I just don't understand the reason why that is said in every thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit