Ambient Abuse - This is one area that the Jehovah's Witness Are So Very Damaging To The Psyche.

by Narcissistic Supply 18 Replies latest jw friends

• losingit
    losingit

I have a hard time understanding how ambient abuse works bc the definition seems so ambiguous to me. But when I share it with a friend who has heard my experiences, he is able to pull out examples clearly. I know the JW world is abusive, and I can describe it, but it is so difficult to accept.

• wasblind
    wasblind

jehovah's witnesses do not keep it real. They lie to you and deny you your own sense of observation_____Narcissistic Supply

" Do Jehovah's Witnesses believe that thier religion is the only right one ?

Jehovah's Witnesses base all of thier beliefs , their standards for conduct, and organizational procedures on the Bible, Thier faith in the Bible as God's word gives them the conviction that what they have is indeed the truth."_____Reasoning book page 204

How firm is this truth of a Jehovah's Witness ?

" Why have there been changes over the years in the teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses ?

Increased knowledge often requires adjustments in thinking. Jehovah's Witnesses are willing to make such adjustments"____Reasoning book page 205

What is the reality of our observation ?

In a court of law " adjustments in the truth " is called perjury as in tellin' lies

jehovah's Witnesses have a long history of makin' false claims and yet

they continue to go d2d claimin' they have the truth

Jehovah's witnesses are worse than a snake oil salesman

that make false claims about the product he sells as bein' the real deal

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Narcissistic:

I never heard this term used before, but it all fits.

Steve2:

I was not a dependent-minded individual and constantly fought against the meddling ways of the religion. It seemed so unnatural to me that grown people would practically have to be told which shoe to put on first.

I certainly did not belong.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

This stuff is dangerous....I've been there.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Great topic. The signs of abuse are difficult to see from the outside.. I think that I misjudged you initially. I hope that you continue to contribute to jwn with your psychological insights, and I'm sorry about that thread I posted saying you talk nonsense.
    Keep up the good work ;)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Ambient Abuse..

A Message to all JWs from..

"The WBT $ "

.......................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• steve2
    steve2
    jehovah's witnesses do not keep it real. They lie to you and deny you your own sense of observation_____Narcissistic Supply

This is true - but it is even further complicated by the fact that JWs lie to themselves - the very thing they expect of other members, they try to exemplify themselves - which, in their minds, makes the concept of 'brainwashing' seem preposterous.

Again, I do not think witnesses do this out of a negative spirit or malice - even though it may feel that way to recipients - but like so many religiously deluded people, they do it with apparently good intentions. What's that old saying about the road to hell being paved with good intentions...?

• wasblind
    wasblind

Again, I do not think witnesses do this out of a negative spirit or malice___Steve2

I agree Steve, it's all out of good intentions as they cruise down the road to hell

in a Van or a four door sedan

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

I have been going through emotional pain/hell during the last couple of weeks. As time passes and I distance more and more from the JW past, the more comes to the surface.

I have sworn that one day I will make them pay. Revenge is best served as a cold dish.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit