Another Weekend Poll from Ozzie

by ozziepost 18 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day all,

Yep, it's now Sunday here 'downunder' and another lazy Sunday has come.

After you've read the Sunday papers, enjoyed a stroll down to the 'local', watched Match of the Day, how about doing a little poll for all you exDubs?

Today's topic: What's the most enjoyable thing you do now that you've got 'time on your hands'?

Disclaimer: Apart from 'that' of course!!

1. Wearing a short skirt.

2. Not wearing a tie!

3. Not having to fidget during the National Anthem.

4. Not having to explain why you didn't vote!

5. Accepting people as they are.

6. Enjoying being with your family at the weekend instead of the early start to get the kids ready for Field Service/Meetings. (All in your 'Sunday best' of course!

7. Going to university.

8. Growing a beard.

9. Attending other churches.

10. Saying to the Dubs when they call "I'm not interested"!

11. Not having to give another talk in the Ministry School.

12. Shunning the Dubs in the supermarket.

13. Knowing you are 'good enough'.

14. FREEDOM

15. Other (please give details)

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• larc
    larc

Ozzie,

I like your weekend pols.

I have to say, all of the above except #9. I don't go to church.

I would have to add, celebrating holidays. I just love Christmas and Thanksgiving when the house fills up with family. I like it when my three kids send me father's day cards and call me on my birthday.

• Beans
    Beans

All of the above and drinking until I get drunk and smoking a nice flavoured cigar and not worrying about anybody caring what I do with my life!

"FREEDOM BABY, YEAH!" (Austin Powers)

Thanks for reminding us that were not puppets anymore OZZY!

Beans

• Princess
    Princess

Hi Ozzie, great poll as always.

Today after taking the three year old to ballet, we will be taking the kids to the beach to gather oysters and have a picnic with Grandma Mulan and Grandpa Dave. So, I'd have to say #6 and I think #14 goes along with that nicely as well. Whatever we do, #14 is always there.

Princess

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Princess,

Freedom to enjoy, no savour, Pacific North-West Smoked Salmon. It's incredible! What a taste!

Enjoyed it with AMOS and Zaqen. Pics to follow (I hope!)

Thanks a bunch.

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Ozzie,

Freedom to come to my own conclusions.

Freedom to sleep late on weekend and not go to meetings or FS.

Just wish I could get back all the money and time I donated to the WT, under the false pretense that they alone were God's Organization.

Join the Watchtower or you will die.
    Only Jehovah's Witnesses have the TRUTH all other religions EVIL and from the Devil.
    You must beleive the Watchtower or you're going to die a painful death forever, isn't that really GOOD NEWS?
  • ozziepost
    ozziepost

D wiltshire,

Freedom means not looking back. Just enjoy the journey and give thanks!

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

For me?

I enjoy all except for 1 and 9.

Obviously I dont wear a skirt, and I do not attend any other churches because in my personal opinion organized religion is nothing but a false sense of security for weak-minded people who feel better gathering in groups... not even mentioning the begging for funds, superiority complexes, and potential mind control.

I LOVE not having to wear a tie. I have 7 suits and about 100 ties, but I do not have to wear them except on special occasions now. Very liberating, I dont like having all that crap around my neck.

"Accepting people as they are"- Very good point. This goes back to what I said earlier about superiority complexes. JW's feel they are the only true religion, and condescendingly view the rest of the "World". Some other churches also possess this extremist view that they are the only road to salvation.

Growing a beard. HAHA. I LOVE this one too. I did that AS SOON as I left. Hell, I was growing it while attending the meetings. FUCK em. They claim they:

dont give rules and regulations beyond that the Bible teaches
    Give me a BREAK! LOL.

11 and 13 are precious as well. I dreaded having to spend 5 minutes writing a pathetic TMS #2 or #4 talk. After leaving the Dumbs, I also found self-respect. I truly believe being a JW drains that from you.

Last but not least, your mention of # 14.

FREEDOM!
    <William Wallace chant>

Definitely the most important gift.

It is not religious persecution for an informed person to expose publicly a certain religion as being false, thus allowing persons to see the difference between false religion and true religion.
    WT 11/15/1963 page 688 paragraph 3

• Carmel
    Carmel

#13 without a doubt! If there was anything that I recieved from investigating other religions after exiting the mothership was the certitude that no one group is exclusively acceptable to the creator. We're either all acceptable at some level or we're all fertilizer for the next generation.. or both.

carmel

• Princess
    Princess

Aahh! Glad you liked it Ozzie. Pac NW smoked salmon is fabulous! Today we are having burgers at the beach while we shuck oysters for a heart attack oyster fry tomorrow. It's starting to clear up now and soon we'll take that ferry in the picture I posted awhile back to the peninsula and drive to Hood Canal.

Princess

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit