Suggested Comments

by turtleturtle 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• turtleturtle
    turtleturtle

Hello all,

Are there any suggested comments to give in the WT study today that wont give away that I know TTATT, but will open the eyes of other JWS?

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I answered for paragraph 1 - "The GB has highlighted several reversals of teachings in these articles which we really must study and meditate on if we are to keep up with the teachings of the Organization."

Kept my mouth shut for the rest of the study!! Enjoy listening to the squirming and contradictory answers!!

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

This is a great thread for sure!

Not in a "I can't be bothered to sort it out myself" kinda way, but just because we've all got a different angle, or different way of explaining it, and if we pool our resources we could come up with some doozies that might make our other halves or individuals(friends in the cong who might value what we say) THINK a little.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

How about "I always thought I was raised 'in the truth', but can now clearly see that I was only raised as a Jehovah's Witness."

• blondie
    blondie

I would avoid the word "reversal" if commenting during or before or after the meeting.

The WTS prefers the word "tacking."

• Splash
    Splash

I'm going to look for a point that we are going back to once again.

I'll then say "We can be sure this is now correct, since we also used to teach it in the past"

Splash

• sir82
    sir82
    I'm going to look for a point that we are going back to once again.
    I'll then say "We can be sure this is now correct, since we also used to teach it in the past"

That applies to the "all anointed in heaven prior to Armageddon" teaching.

Prior to 1990: All anointed in heaven prior to Armageddon

1990 QFR: Some anointed "may" still be on earth for a short time after Armageddon

2013: All anointed in heaven prior to Armageddon

• Splash
    Splash

I knew there would be at least one in there somewhere!

Thanks Sir82!

• blondie
    blondie

I don't think I was singled out for this change but before ever fading, I would ask if all the anointed would be in heaven when the wedding of Jesus and the 144,000 took place because of the 1990 QFR. It is has only been recently that the WTS has said that the wedding would take place shortly after the GT started. What bride would want to miss their wedding in heaven...thus all the anointed would have to have died and been resurrected as spirit creatures by that time...meaning some of the GB would not be dying of old age.

• blondie
    blondie

Also the WTS teaches that the anointed in heaven would fight side by side with Jesus during Armaggeddon which implies their wedding and resurrection must take place before Armaggeddon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit